Automatically list assets of Jira user that submits ticket in the assets list dropdown

Drew Stewart July 23, 2018

Wondering if lets say XYZ.aires.com submits a ticket to our helpdesk, we go to start the ticket and in the Assets list Drop down if it was possible to see ONLY the assets that has been assigned to that specific user. and not the WHOLE assets list. Is this possible.

1 answer

0 votes
jesusoros July 23, 2018

Hi Drew,

The feature that you are looking for might require some work, you can use Database driven Custom Fields, please take a look on this thread to check if it helps:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/Database-driven-custom-fields/qaq-p/225420

Thanks!

Drew Stewart July 23, 2018

This deals strictly with the Assets and Inventory Plugin for Jira

when you have the asset created , and assigned by Jira User. Once they create a ticket you can see the FULL list of assets in the dropdown. We want to be able to see only the asset assigned to that one specific user that submitted the ticket or if when we change who created the ticket to a different user , we see that new users list of assigned assets , not the whole asset list. hope that clears up a bit of confusion on what we are trying to accomplish.

jesusoros July 23, 2018

Hi Drew,

I have investigated a little and I can see that Snapbytes (the creators of the plugin) DO have customer support. I would recommend you to contact them directly since from what I have checked what you are requesting might require to an specific structure of your inventory to be followed, yet I'm not an expert on the plugin.

If you are able to sort out the answer with them please let us know.

Thanks!

Izaac Picazo April 22, 2019

I too would like to know how this resulted in, was a solution made available?

Daniel Fietta
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2019

Hey guys,

One of the features that our app STAGIL Assets - Advanced Links offers matches this use case perfectly. You can manage your assets in Jira, let agents or customers in the JSD portal only select the assets that belong to the customer and also show other customer's assets, open tickets, etc. directly on the issue view screen.

Best,
Daniel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events