Automatically create sub-tasks on story create

Rashad Tahir August 22, 2017

I have created a rule to automatically create sub-tasks upon issue creation, but I don't see a way to execute the rule upon only story creation.  I tried adding the following JQL condition but its still executing the rule for all issue types.  How can I execute this for only stories? We have the same 4 sub-tasks for every story. 

issuetype = Story AND issuetype != Bug AND issuetype != Epic AND issuetype != Improvement AND issuetype != "New Feature" AND issuetype != Research AND issuetype != Spike AND issuetype != Sub-task AND issuetype != Task AND issuetype != Test

2 answers

0 votes
Deleted user November 15, 2017

Hey there Rashad,

The condition you added should also work, but the recommended way is to match using the field compare condition. If you match on {{issue.issuetype.name}} = "Story" it should do what you're trying to do. See the image below:

Project_automation_-_JIRA.png

Cheers,

Mark C

0 votes
Arun Makhija November 12, 2017

I have query on similar lines, I need to create an automation task to create sub-tasks but they are different for different issue types

for e.g.  for Program Epic - we need 10 sub-tasks

for Stories, we need 5 sub-tasks.

Is there a way to built the trigger for a specific issue type rather than same rule for all Issue Types ?

Deleted user November 15, 2017

Arun,

On a similar note, you can add multiple "Related issue branches" for the "Current issue" to do different actions.

You'll end up with something like below:

Project_automation_-_JIRA.png

For more information on this, see https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/AUTO4J/pages/54100588/How+can+I+run+a+different+action+when+a+condition+doesn+t+match+if+else+branch

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events