Automatic leveling and scheduling

David Lau December 11, 2012

Hello folks,

My company is evaluating the Soyatec Gantt plugin -- we're considering it for use in an organization of ~100 engineers where we're already heavily using JIRA to track everything from minor changes to large projects. Right now we're only tracking resolution, and we'd like to move to tracking schedules and progress.

I'd like to know if this plugin supports the following workflow, which represents our most basic needs:
1. Project manager takes a list tickets assigned to an individual (which can include tickets spread across different releases, different sub-tasks, etc. in the project), and sets a global priority and duration for each one.
2. The plugin automatically schedules all of the tasks based on global priority and assignee.
3. If priority or durations change, the plugin automatically updates the schedule.

I couldn't find a way to use the plugin in this way -- it seems like the closest solution is to create finish-to-start dependencies manually between all of the different tasks.

Is anybody aware of a way to get the plugin to work in this flow?

2 answers

0 votes
Yves YANG
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 18, 2013

You should keep the issues in auto-scheduling state. Here is the detail information:

http://www.jiraproject.com/confluence/display/JRAGANTT/Documentation

The contact of plugin Vendor is wrong. Please contact Soyatec support support.jgcp@soyatec.com.

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 18, 2013

Hey there, dlau.

I noticed that it has been a while since you received any response to the question that you have here. I would suggest you to try to get in touch with the respective plugin vendor to address the question that you have here:

Hope this helps.

Warm regards,

Danial

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events