Automatic Refresh of calendars

Mike Premo May 4, 2015

I use this calendar to see where my team has been working throughout the week.  The version prior to 2.0.0 supported an automatic refresh of user's calendars.  I could type in their name and it would update to display their work.

The interface for typing in other people's names has degraded, IMHO.  I have to hit "Add User" then type in their name instead of just starting to type in their name.  This is likely due to the added feature of being able to see multiple people at once, but it makes it an annoying extra few clicks for me now.

The larger issue is that when someone logs to an issue, the work calendar will not auto update this to the week/month screen unless I refresh the page.  Is there an auto-update setting somewhere I'm overlooking?  It used to do this prior.

Appreciate your feedback and reply!  mike.premo@b3inc.com

2 answers

1 vote
Mike Premo May 4, 2015

Still have one concern.  With the user interface in versions prior to 2.0.0 I could click in the username box and type.  The new user interface I have to click "Add User" each time.

I believe with the "Clear Cache" feature, I will still have to delete the current user, click Add User, then type in their name.  This is probably the same thing as hitting the "refresh" button for the web browser, except whenever I refresh the web browser it always reassigns the user name field to myself, instead of keeping my current query.

Perhaps a "Refresh" button or something like that, which would allow an immediate query of the database on the current query (one or multiple user names)?

Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2015

"Refresh" button makes a lot of sense. Will implement it as part of MWC-17. Also the new version will persist selected users and query so the selection values will be kept between refreshes and your JIRA sessions.

Mike Premo May 4, 2015

Sounds good!

Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 21, 2015

Mike, The latest version features the Refresh button and ability for admin to configure automatic cache cleanup. Thank you for the suggestion!

Mike Premo May 21, 2015

Works great! Thank you :-)

1 vote
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 4, 2015

Thank you for the feedback and reporting the problems!

Versions prior to 2.0.0 made requests for logs data to JIRA on every interaction and it slowed the performance of the plugin. Starting with 2.0.0 the Work Calendar has caching which improves the performance but creates problems reported by you.

I created an issue to address this: https://vkrupach.atlassian.net/browse/MWC-17. Please review it and update/comment if it suits you.

Due date: June, 5th.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events