Automated Issue Logging in Work Time Calendar

oliviadoody February 16, 2016

Hi

When I create an issue (even when I set a due date) I still have to manually add the issue to the work log calendar. How do I make it so that the issue automatically appears in the work log calendar after I create it?

Also, it doesn't seem to be possible for me to schedule a time that an issue is due - only the date. How do I set a time and have that automatically logged in the work time calendar too?

Thanks,

Olivia

2 answers

0 votes
oliviadoody February 16, 2016

Hi

Thank you for your response.

Is there a gadget which enables users to see all due dates in a table format (or some other graphical representation)?

Thanks,

Olivia

Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2016

Work Time Calendar has indicator for missed due dates:

image2016-2-17 9:15:24.png

If you need to see due dates for some set of issues you can do it via Search for Issues JIRA menu.

0 votes
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2016

Hi Olivia,

When you create an issue you are creating a task: "Need to do something". Later you do something and come to Work Time Calendar to log spent time "I was doing something from 1PM to 3PM". So creation of the issue and logging time are separate actions.

Due date field is to indicate when you want a task to be completed: "I want this to be done till Friday 19th". So it's not connected to the Work Time Calendar.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events