Auto-creating sub-issues based on components in parent ticket

v September 12, 2012

Hello,

I am trying to auto-create sub-issues for project issues with certain components.

For example: A project issue with component 'Design' should automatically get a sub-issue named 'Design %name of parent issue%'.

Is this something I can do with the Jira Workflow Toolbox?

1 answer

0 votes
Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2012

Hi vanderhavecn,

There It is not a direct and simple solution to do it using JIRA Workflow Toolbox, but there is a solution based on "JIRA Workflow Toolbox" and excelent Bob Swift's plugin "Create on Transition for JIRA". This solution is not the most elegant one but it works with a restriction: you need to implement it in a transition different from "Create issue", that is, you won't have the subtasks created just in the moment you create the parent issue, but after executing another transition in the workflow.

Let me know if this restriction is valid in your case, and I will describe the solution in detail.

Regards,

Fidel Castro

Sergeo Khomutetsky October 10, 2012

Hi Fidel, I am very interested in this, please share. :) In addition to being able to auto-create issues/subtasks based on Component, I am also interested in being able to create tickets based on a field selection. We want to add a few yes/no checkboxes or radio buttons to allow users to select certain options. Based on the selections, auto-create subtasks on a transition. We were hoping to be able to create/kick off more than one process based on the selections. E.g., if the user selects "Documentation Needed" and "Code Review Needed", and the user selects the "Next Step" transition, Two new tickets would be created as subtasks of the master ticket.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events