Auto-close linked issues

Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2014

I am trying to close issues in a project if the linked issue statuses are set to "Completed". I was trying to do this by using script listener (Script runner) but could not leverage "all dependent issues need to be resolved". What would the condition look like?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 7, 2014

I have done this using jelly runner by first creating linked tickets filter and running the jelly script for that filter.

0 votes
Anton_Ermolaev August 24, 2018

you can use post-function Linked issues from JSU plugin

0 votes
EddieW
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 31, 2014

You will need to write your own scripted transition.

Start with the code in https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Conditions#Conditions-Alldependentissuesneedtoberesolvedand remove the check for the type to auto close all linked issues.

Then instead of returning true/false, act on the list as seen here, https://jamieechlin.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GRV/Post+Functions+With+Comments#PostFunctionsWithComments-Autocloseallsub-tasks

But I would suggest just adding multiple conditions/post-functions to target a list of link types (by default there is only ~4?)

Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 7, 2014

Thanks Eddie, working with jelly scripts was an easier approach and did the trick.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events