Attachment-table macro - Edit In Office?

Kent Schumann August 19, 2013

Will the attachment-table macro support the ability to provide an "edit in office" link? It's unclear from the documentation whether that is an available feature.

Also, it appears that 5.5.3 is currently installed in our OnDemand instance, do you know if/when the 6.0 version will be available in OnDemand?

Thanks.

2 answers

0 votes
Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 19, 2013

I think Peter may have misinterpreted your question. I think you are asking is it possible for the attachment-table macro to have additional optional columns that provides a link to the view and edit office link available for certain supported file types. Yes, I think they are just standard urls that could be added - open an improvement request. Table plugin 6.0 is scheduled for OnDemand in Sept.

0 votes
PeterKoczan
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 19, 2013

Hi,

The attachment-table macro generates the table contents dynamically based on the pre-defined filters, listing the attachments that belong to a particular page/space. This is the reason why it will never allow it's contents to be edited in Word. This pretty much stands for any macro/content that is dynamically generated on a page.

Kind regards,

Peter

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events