Attachment-table macro - Edit In Office?

Will the attachment-table macro support the ability to provide an "edit in office" link? It's unclear from the documentation whether that is an available feature.

Also, it appears that 5.5.3 is currently installed in our OnDemand instance, do you know if/when the 6.0 version will be available in OnDemand?

Thanks.

2 answers

0 vote
Peter Koczan Atlassian Team Aug 19, 2013

Hi,

The attachment-table macro generates the table contents dynamically based on the pre-defined filters, listing the attachments that belong to a particular page/space. This is the reason why it will never allow it's contents to be edited in Word. This pretty much stands for any macro/content that is dynamically generated on a page.

Kind regards,

Peter

I think Peter may have misinterpreted your question. I think you are asking is it possible for the attachment-table macro to have additional optional columns that provides a link to the view and edit office link available for certain supported file types. Yes, I think they are just standard urls that could be added - open an improvement request. Table plugin 6.0 is scheduled for OnDemand in Sept.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Tuesday in Marketplace Apps

If you’re an Atlassian app developer, you’ll want to know about Atlas Camp!

This September 6-7, hundreds of Atlassian App developers will flock to Barcelona Spain to build skills, discover product roadmaps, meet face-to-face with the Atlassian team, and learn how to extend t...

130 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you