As I learn the ropes of developing plugins for JIRA I have been spending quite some time poring through documentation. I expectantly followed a link that read ten common mistakes in plugin development.
Except, I was turned away with the message: You cannot view this page due to inherited restrictions
Inherited restrictions? Sins of my father? I am a licensed user of JIRA. What else is required?
Sorry for any misunderstanding here...The link in question is to an orphaned page (of a group of pages that were moved) of notes from a lightening talk at our 2008 Atlas Camp. I will make sure we get this sorted out, but in the meantime, the contents of that page are below.
Note these are a few years old, but the 'ten common mistakes' from the link are:
10. Forget to check permissions
9. Generate JS or CSS with Velocity
8. Long-running requests
7. Including your own WebWork, Velocity or JS library
6. Not working twice in the same page
5. Not testing in export, notifications, feeds
4. Rebuilding core functionality
3. Forgetting to encode HTML
2. Using the database instead of search
1. Forgetting to include the context path.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs