Assign to reporter or user regexp in post function on workflow

ADT LLC January 30, 2013

I am looking to be able to assign an issue to a reporter or a user depending on the project name. I am using JIRA workflow toolbox and it works great if I know the user to assign to. But how can I specify assigning to a role?

For example:

(ProjectA)user1
(ProjectB)user2

(ProjectC)reporter <-- This should assign back to the reporter if the project name is Project C

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2013

Hi Ryan,

I didn't understood your question at first instance. Actually, the plugin supports nicely what you are trying to do. You only have to introduce the ID of virtual field Reporter, i.e. %{00006}

Use the following setting rules:

(ProjectA)user1
(ProjectB)user2

(ProjectC)%{00006}

Nevertheless, next version of the plugin will have support to set field of type User (including Assignee, Reporter, etc) or Multi-User with a Project Role. This was what I understood from your question at first instance.

Regards,

Fidel

ADT LLC February 4, 2013

Perfect, thanks! Is there a list of the virtual field IDs somewhere for future reference?

0 votes
Fidel Castro
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2013

Hi Ryan,

Current version of the plugin has not support for doing that, but I promise you next version of the plugin (2.0.20) will. I will release it in a week or two. I will keep you up-to-date.

Regards,

Fidel.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events