Assign to reporter or user regexp in post function on workflow

I am looking to be able to assign an issue to a reporter or a user depending on the project name. I am using JIRA workflow toolbox and it works great if I know the user to assign to. But how can I specify assigning to a role?

For example:

(ProjectA)user1
(ProjectB)user2

(ProjectC)reporter <-- This should assign back to the reporter if the project name is Project C

2 answers

1 accepted

Hi Ryan,

I didn't understood your question at first instance. Actually, the plugin supports nicely what you are trying to do. You only have to introduce the ID of virtual field Reporter, i.e. %{00006}

Use the following setting rules:

(ProjectA)user1
(ProjectB)user2

(ProjectC)%{00006}

Nevertheless, next version of the plugin will have support to set field of type User (including Assignee, Reporter, etc) or Multi-User with a Project Role. This was what I understood from your question at first instance.

Regards,

Fidel

Perfect, thanks! Is there a list of the virtual field IDs somewhere for future reference?

Hi Ryan,

Current version of the plugin has not support for doing that, but I promise you next version of the plugin (2.0.20) will. I will release it in a week or two. I will keep you up-to-date.

Regards,

Fidel.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jul 10, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

If you’re an Atlassian app developer, you’ll want to know about Atlas Camp!

This September 6-7, hundreds of Atlassian App developers will flock to Barcelona Spain to build skills, discover product roadmaps, meet face-to-face with the Atlassian team, and learn how to extend t...

180 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you