Assign item that is moved to resolved or closed to the un-released version

Sravan Kumar July 12, 2017

Hello,

When a issue is completed (moved to resolved or closed or cancelled) we want it assigned automatically to the un released version,  is this possible with Jira?

I know we can create another transition from "closed to Unreleased" but we want Jira to automatically trigger it to Unreleased when the ticket comes to Closed transition. Is it DOABLE with jira by using any postfunctions/ Script runner plug-ins?

Reason for the automation:

In order to keep our board clean we release the done column every month. What we want is any task that is completed is assigned to the unreleased version.

1 answer

0 votes
Daniel Yelamos [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2017

Hello Sravan.

I don't fully understand what you mean with "be asigned to the unreleased version". If "Unreleased Version" is either

• A field
  • A project
  • A custom Field.
  • An issue Type.

Then yes, it would be entirely possible with Scriptrunner for JIRA.

If you give me a more precise example of what you want to achieve I could hep you further and even help you develop an example for your evaluation license of Scriptrunner.

Cheers!

Dyelamos

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events