As an administrator, how can I push Advanced Timesheets to my managers?

Adam Smith April 21, 2014

As we roll out Tempo to our functional teams, I would like to be able to set up filters for use in the Advanced Timesheets and then share them directly with our functional role managers who need the insight into worklogs. These custom filters will be their primary method of viewing worklogs.

Our processes and scale don't allow manual management of Accounts and Teams in a sustainable way, so we are looking for work arounds.

1) What is the best way to share a specific Advanced Timesheet view? E-mailing the URL does not seem to work.

2) Is there a way for the manager to 'favorite' a filter in Advanced Timesheets? These favorited filters would then act as their dashboard. We are thinking of this in the sense of favoriting multiple dashboards in JIRA.

Any ideas for an alternative approach or best practices would also be appreciated. Thank you.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Viðar Svansson [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2014

To add to Adam's answer, the Worklog Distribution Gadget (WDG) operations on filters and has a link in the header to the advanced timesheet so that would come close to what you are looking for.

WDG development is our current focus in the gadget space. Please let us know if you have any feedback to help us improve the gadget.

Just a few notes:

* You need to share the filter with the managers
* Managers need enough permissions to view worklogs of the projects the filter specifies.
* Timesheets 7.9 adds greater flexibility in configuring project roles to all project managers to access time tracking information. More on information on this will be available in few days with the release of 7.9.

Adam Smith April 23, 2014

Thank you! That looks like it will do nicely, what a great new feature. We will have to update our Tempo before I can implement it, but I will update this post with what we work out.

0 votes
Mehmet Kazgan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 22, 2014

Hi Adam,

The way I do this, which works for us is to create JIRA dashboards using following JIRA gadgets:

• Team Timesheet
  • Tempo Worklog Distribution Gadget
  • User Timesheet
  • Tempo Hours
  • Tempo Account Hours by Customer
  • Tempo Planned Time by Team
  • Tempo Team Timesheet

You could customize dashboards with each role

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events