As we roll out Tempo to our functional teams, I would like to be able to set up filters for use in the Advanced Timesheets and then share them directly with our functional role managers who need the insight into worklogs. These custom filters will be their primary method of viewing worklogs.
Our processes and scale don't allow manual management of Accounts and Teams in a sustainable way, so we are looking for work arounds.
1) What is the best way to share a specific Advanced Timesheet view? E-mailing the URL does not seem to work.
2) Is there a way for the manager to 'favorite' a filter in Advanced Timesheets? These favorited filters would then act as their dashboard. We are thinking of this in the sense of favoriting multiple dashboards in JIRA.
Any ideas for an alternative approach or best practices would also be appreciated. Thank you.
To add to Adam's answer, the Worklog Distribution Gadget (WDG) operations on filters and has a link in the header to the advanced timesheet so that would come close to what you are looking for.
WDG development is our current focus in the gadget space. Please let us know if you have any feedback to help us improve the gadget.
Just a few notes:
* You need to share the filter with the managers
* Managers need enough permissions to view worklogs of the projects the filter specifies.
* Timesheets 7.9 adds greater flexibility in configuring project roles to all project managers to access time tracking information. More on information on this will be available in few days with the release of 7.9.
The way I do this, which works for us is to create JIRA dashboards using following JIRA gadgets:
You could customize dashboards with each role
It started as any story starts, on a normal, rainy day. Admin meets App, and her name was Klok2, and like any first relationship we were both trying to make it work but neither one knew what...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs