Are marketplace chart downloads by version ever going to work?

Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2012

I've seen the area charts for downloads by version show signs of life occasionally, but it generally never worked. It would be really interesting to see this, anyone know if its on a development roadmap to really implement?

2 answers

1 vote
abhalla
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2012

Hi Andy,

It was great meeting you at AtlasCamp last month. Could you clarify what you're looking for? The download chart is linked from the total number of downloads for the plugin. For your HTML Include Replace plugin, it's https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.javahollic.confluence.plugins.html-include-replace/history. If you see a bug, or if you're looking for something different, I encourage you to raise an issue at https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/AMKT.

cheers,
Arun

Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2012

Hi Arun,

Yup, thats what Im talking about, exaclty that, but it doesn't seem to work for all plugins. I've been mostly looking at JEMH. What I was referring to is that I've seen occasional area chart 'beginnings' but then it just dissapears. With JEMH, I have a lot of versions, I'd like to see where people mainly downloading, but there is currently no indication that anyone is downloading a specific version.

If it works for one plugin, why not another, I'll raise a AMKT bug but Im interested in why its different?

https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/AMKT-3376 filed

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2012

Interesting graphs, but I am very surprised that I can see them. Where is the link that any user can see the history of each plugin downloads on the marketplace pages?

I was confused because the wrong type of graph is being used. All the information is not available because it partially hidden by the other line area graphs.

A column graph (excel terminology) per version per month for downloads would be better to display the data for the first graph.

A column graph per week for downloads would be better to dispaly the data for the second graph.

You can also consider a stacking column graph for the first graph as well.

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2012

Wow, Looked again and found the link. My other comments still hold.

Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2012

I'd be happy with any kind of breakdown, even numeric by version in a table, but a stacked area chart would show where the main downloads are occurring which is what I'm looking for, like the one that works, but for the one that doesnt :)

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2012

I attempted to create an enhancement request but I do not have an OnDemand account. How do you create an issue on the ecosystem?

abhalla
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2012

Norman, you should be able to create an account on the login screen.

Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 30, 2012

thanks, It was the wording of an OnDemand account that confused me.

Rising Star
Rising Star
November 14, 2012

For anyone interested this issue is now tracked at https://ecosystem.atlassian.net/browse/AMKT-3417

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events