Are custom fields stored in the jiradb database, even after deletion?

Scott Gilliland April 11, 2016

Hello!

We created a custom field that was used to determine whether or not the Fix Version/s field should be editable.  After running into some issues with it's functionality, we removed the field from JIRA, however we continued to see the same behavior that the existed when the custom field was in place.  Upon searching the System Info page, we continue to see the following:

com.onresolve.jira.groovy.groovyrunner:customfields{"14605":{"script":null,"template":null,"id":14105,"modelTemplate":null,"searcherName":"Free Text Searcher","name":"PETE","scriptFile":null,"customTemplate":null,"note":null,"viewTemplate":null,"fieldConfigSchemeName":"Default Configuration Scheme for PETE","searcherClass":"com.atlassian.jira.issue.customfields.searchers.TextSearcher","templateFriendlyName":null},"14604":{"script":"","template":null,"id":null,"modelTemplate":"textarea","searcherName":null,"name":null,"scriptFile":"/var/atlassian/application-data/jira/scripts/common/test.groovy","customTemplate":"","note":"","viewTemplate":"templates/plugins/fields/view/view-textarea.vm","fieldConfigSchemeName":null,"searcherClass":null,"templateFriendlyName":null}}

When removing a custom field from the system, does the script remain in the system?

Regards,

Scott Gilliland

1 answer

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 11, 2016

I think you asked this very recently somewhere else?

Anyway, probably the behaviour you saw had nothing to do with the field. The script field config is stored in jira's property system implementation, which I guess is why it's showing it to you in System Info.

At least at the time of writing script fields, there was no way to get notified when a CF was deleted. So the config lives on for a while, I think it's removed when you add a new scripted field, or modify one. But it will definitely not be executing if you don't see it at Admin -> Script Fields.

You could add something to your test.groovy file like 

log.warn ("I'M EXECUTING...")

and verify you don't see that in the application log file.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events