Approval via smartphone

Stefan de Pagter March 30, 2016

Dear Sir/Madam,

We did some checks to approve the change by pressing the button up via a smart phone in Jira. Unfortunately this did not work.

Any change this will work in the future? Our management is requesting this.

Regards,

Stefan

3 answers

0 votes
Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2016

Hi Stefan,
This feature has been included in our sprint plan for version 3.8 (due date April 22).
Add-on version 3.8 will allow setup a list of users preferring to display large buttons instead of the current ones.

The action buttons will conform to the standard JIRA button size and the panel will look like as follows:
WebPanel.PNG

Sincerely,
Antonella

Stefan de Pagter April 1, 2016

Hi Antonella,

My Management was smiling when they saw this. 

Thank you!!!!!

Regards,

Stefan

0 votes
Stefan de Pagter March 31, 2016

Hi Antonella,

The feedback I got from my management:

"

The little green thumbs up is too small to press on my Blackberry Passport touch screen. If I expand the screen, magnify, the buttons mostly don’t work at all. In either scenario I’ve just as much chance hitting the red as the green.

"

Do you need more information?

Regards,

Stefan

Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2016

I need to know if, not expanding the screen, any approval action runs by clicking one of the button (also if it isn't the desired action).

Stefan de Pagter March 31, 2016

approval.jpg

Hi Antonella, see here a picture send by one of our management leads smile

It was working for him, or at least what he pressed was the thumb ups button.

His comments:

It’s a web browser, same as a PC. I try to ‘click’ with my finger as opposed to a mouse pointer. If it works, it works, if it doesn’t it doesn’t. We can all see that.

Just tried after repeated stabbing of the screen and it approved it. Could have rejected it just as easily. We need another LARGE button that my finger can tap successfully to approve or reject.  

0 votes
Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 31, 2016

Hi Stefan,
We had some checks to approve the change by pressing the button up via some smart phones having different operating systems (Android, Windows and iOS) and the button works as expected in desktop view.

We have detected an usability issue due to the panel is not re-sized and the buttons overlap the JIRA issue panels on the right, so, it is not easy to click them.
Can you please confirm it is the scenario you are encountering?

Otherwise, we need further information concerning the smartphone operating system, the used browser, add-on version and JIRA version.

Sincerely,
Antonella

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events