Approval tab rendering issue

Stefan de Pagter December 9, 2015

Dear Sir/Madam,

Please help me with the following; I am getting a rendering error once I select the "approval history tab". This happens with 10% of tickets, the others are displayed properly. 

I cannot reproduce it. Any idea why this happens?

Regards,

Stefan

RenderingIssue.JPG

10 answers

0 votes
Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 21, 2015

Hi Stefan,
The add-on behavior, with respect to the two scenarios, is the same then JIRA Activity stream and Issue History tabs:

• when the user gets disabled (inactive), no impact exists
  • when the user gets deleted, the user's avatar is not displayed and the events are associated to the username instead of the Full Name.

The screenshots below illustrate the two scenarios.

DeletedUser.PNG

InactiveUser.PNG

Best Regards,

Antonella

0 votes
Stefan de Pagter December 20, 2015

Hi Antonella,

I installed the plugin and all worked:

• Old issues I could see now again
  • I created a new issue as well.

Just one concern; what if somebody approved and his account will get disabled or deleted? Will this history tab than get changed as well? Especially for audit purposes? Can you explain how this works?

Regards,

Stefan

0 votes
Stefan de Pagter December 17, 2015

Many thanks, we will wait for it and install further.

Regards,

Stefan

0 votes
Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2015

Hi Stefan,

I expect that the imminent version 3.3 is going to fix the 'Error Rendering' on the Approval History.

The estimated due date (December 16) has a few days delay.

The request for publishing has been opened today. It should not take long for Marketplace availability.

Best Regards,

Antonella 

0 votes
Stefan de Pagter December 17, 2015

Hi Antonella,

Any new if the new plugin is available so we can test?

Also, will this fix old issues that are now corrupted?

Regards,

Stefan

0 votes
Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 11, 2015

The cause of the bug has been discovered.

It is reproduced when usernames include at least one uppercase alphabetic character (e.g.Timothy.Vaughan).

The next add-on version 3.3 (due date: December 16) is going to fix the rendering problem.

Best Regards,

Antonella

0 votes
Stefan de Pagter December 11, 2015

Hi Antonella,

I ran both queries, see the results. One for the rendering issue and one for a ticket showing no issues.

Regards,

Stefan

0 votes
Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 11, 2015

Hi Stefano,

Can you please run on your database the following sql script by just replacing 'DBname'.

SELECT DBname.AO_D195E9_APPROVAL_HISTORY.* FROM DBname.AO_D195E9_APPROVAL_HISTORY inner join DBname.jiraissue on DBname.AO_D195E9_APPROVAL_HISTORY.ISSUE_ID=DBname.jiraissue.ID inner join DBname.project on (DBname.project.ID= DBname.jiraissue.project) where DBname.project.pkey= ' RFC ' and DBname.jiraissue.issuenum= '13665';

The 'Executor' must be an username existing on your JIRA instance.

Then, replace the issuenum value with one belonging to an issue having the same project/issue type/source status/transition of the previous one, where the Approval history is displayed properly.

I need the output of all the two queries.

Please, if the logs reports additional information, following the 'Exception thrown while trying to call getActions()', send it to me too.

Best Regards,

Antonella

0 votes
Stefano Luperto December 10, 2015

HI Antonella,

I've checked the history of the issues affected by this problem, and all changes (both approvals and other changes) have been made by existing users.

I've had a look at the logs but aren't much information, here's the logs printed when I loaded the Approval History tab on two different issues:

2015-12-11 10:29:28,350 ajp-bio-8009-exec-2817 WARN stefano.luperto 629x79806x1 omfq24 10.52.0.1 /browse/RFC-13665 [com.atlassian.ozymandias.SafePluginPointAccess] Unable to run plugin code because of 'java.lang.NullPointerException - null'.
2015-12-11 10:29:28,350 ajp-bio-8009-exec-2817 ERROR stefano.luperto 629x79806x1 omfq24 10.52.0.1 /browse/RFC-13665 [jira.plugin.issuetabpanel.IssueTabPanelInvokerImpl] Exception thrown while trying to call getActions() for com.herzum.jira.plugin.approval.herzum-approval-plugin:herzum-approval-tabpanel (Show Approval History in tab panel)
2015-12-11 10:29:58,074 ajp-bio-8009-exec-2817 WARN stefano.luperto 629x79807x1 omfq24 10.52.0.1 /browse/RFC-13667 [com.atlassian.ozymandias.SafePluginPointAccess] Unable to run plugin code because of 'java.lang.NullPointerException - null'.
2015-12-11 10:29:58,074 ajp-bio-8009-exec-2817 ERROR stefano.luperto 629x79807x1 omfq24 10.52.0.1 /browse/RFC-13667 [jira.plugin.issuetabpanel.IssueTabPanelInvokerImpl] Exception thrown while trying to call getActions() for com.herzum.jira.plugin.approval.herzum-approval-plugin:herzum-approval-tabpanel (Show Approval History in tab panel)

Thank you for your help,

Stefano

0 votes
Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 10, 2015

We have reproduced the bug by deleting a JIRA user logged on the Approval History.

Can you please confirm it is a possible scenario for these issues?

Regards

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events