Any way to leave "Attach Screenshot" menu option enabled on only IE?

Chase Hansen July 8, 2013

Noticed within the last two updates that this plugin automatcially disables "Attach Screenshot" option. Only problem is within IE this leaves users no way of attaching images easily to a ticket.

Is there a plan to only disable "Attach Screenshot" for only browsers that support the HTML5 Attach Image plugin?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ignat
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 31, 2013

Dear Chase and David,

You are right, the screenshot applet is now disabled by the "Attach Image for JIRA" plugin. You could notice this behaviour since the 1.1.6 plugin release.

As for our future plans, yes - we plan to update plugin in further releases to load the original java applet for IE.

Thank you for your comments!

--

Cheers, Ignat.

Intel CHD Jira Admin August 1, 2013

HI Ignat,

That's a great idea! As it stands, I am screwed - I can't update to the version that fixes the problem with FF because of IE, and the plugin doesn't work at all in IE. In other words, in the one platform where it works, it doesn't work;).

Regards,

David

Hi Ignat,

Many thanks for the new version - works like a dream:).

Regards,

David

0 votes
Ignat
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 1, 2013

Thank you David.

The feedback received from Chase and You really helped to develop version 1.1.9.

Stay tuned!

--

Cheers, Ignat.

Willingly! The plugin is great in that it gets rid of the ugly, slow java business! Have a great evening, night, morning or afternoon, whichever applies.

-David

Chase Hansen August 2, 2013

Ignat,

Thanks so much for making these changes. Updated and renabled the plugin today and its been great. My users will love it.

Thanks

0 votes
Intel CHD Jira Admin July 31, 2013

Would also wish that the developer would answer this good question!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events