Any way to force a plugin to stop?

Pablo Beltran
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2014

Hi,

Sometimes, a plugin is not ptoperly upgraded because, due some unknown reason, the old version remains active in memory locking some resources. As the newer version needs to access to those locked resources, the plugin does not work. And it seems the only way to unlock such resources is by re-starting JIRA.

Is there any way to force a plugin to fully be unloaded from memory, so unlock all the resources?

Many thanks,

Pablo

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 13, 2014

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the plugin when that happens?

Rising Star
Rising Star
May 13, 2014

I guess you are stuck then. Is it happening for all plugins?

I would also check if you have the latest UPM addon installed.

Pablo Beltran
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 13, 2014

Yes, without success.

Pablo Beltran
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 13, 2014

I guess just the same...

Usually, it works fine, but from time to time users' report this problem. :(

The plugin (Subversion ALM), uses an internal Java database which remains locked after the older version is un-installed for upgrading. As the database is a single file, I wonder whether there is some OS command to unlock it (without killing JIRA)... ?

Rising Star
Rising Star
May 13, 2014

None that I know of. Someone else might know!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events