Any way to change page links to point to the public/unversioned page?

Calin Daian August 3, 2017

Hello, I have a bit of a versioning problem - my team has been using it incorrectly and we want to get rid of it. However, we now have 5 different spaces, with pages that vary across them - some are unversioned, some are in the first release, some in the 5th, etc.

Currently, pages point to other pages across spaces - ex: version 5 of a spec page pointing to version 1 of a requirement page, or unversioned pages pointing to various versions of pages.

If i try converting a page to unversioned, any link pointing to its version 1 or 2 or 5 will break, and I have to go in manually and replace the links with the link to the unversioned page.

Any way to do this faster? How do I make Confluence point to the public view of a page? which then points to the unversioned page once I remove the additional versions.

Thank you

2 answers

0 votes
roman
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2018

Hi Calin, I am working for K15t Software, developers of Scroll Versions.

Unfortunately, it's not possible to automatically overwrite links to versioned pages into links to unversioned pages. You would have to do it manually.

Cheers,
Roman.

0 votes
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2017

Can you clarify what an unversioned page is? There is no such concept in Confluence that I know of. Also, it is extremely rare that someone would link to a historic version of a page, it would require a lot of work to open a specific versioned page and then link it instead of just the main page.

Calin Daian August 8, 2017

Thanks for pointing this out Boris. Turns out Versioning is an add-on which we are using (incorrectly). Sounds like I'll have to explore this on other avenues, such as the support team for the add-on and our own internal Confluence support.

The Versioning add-on is designed to help with software release versions. For example, v2 of a product would duplicate the whole suite of reqs/specs and the v2 specific reqs/specs will be added on top of that, in the v2 space.. My problem is that this has been misused and several Confluence versions have been created for the same release of our product, and now I'm stuck with pages pointing to other pages across different Confluence versions. If I take out versioning from one page with multiple versions, all of the links pointing to this page will break, and I am having to update the links manually for each page whose versioning I take out.

Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 8, 2017

That makes sense. If you find a good answer from the vendor, remember to share it back here so that others who hit the same issue can find it.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events