Android JIRA connect plugin not adding issues to JIRA

Sean Wilson January 16, 2013

I'm trying to add the JIRA connect plugin to Android. I've added the library project as instructed to my app and called the feedback intent which loads the feedback activity when I start my app. I've set the following resource strings to the values that I think they should be:
jconnect.droid.config.server_url
jconnect.droid.config.project
jconnect.droid.config.api_key

When I enter feedback in the app, I get a toast message saying the feedback has been sent and I cannot see any errors from adb logcat. When I check my JIRA page, no issues appear however. How can I diagnose this problem? Is there anything else I've forgotten to set up?

I've tried putting random characters into each of the above configuration settings and get an appropriate error for each one (e.g. if I mutate the api_key, I get a logcat error saying the api_key is wrong) which indicates they are correct. I used to get an error saying the jiraconnectuser did not have permission to add issues to my project but I fixed this by giving that user the "Create new issue" permission.

1 answer

0 votes
AhmadDanial
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 6, 2013

Hey there, Sean.

I noticed that it has been a while since you received any response here. Therefore, I would recommend you to contact the plugin vendor to get your query answered.

• Email: atlassian-labs-vendor@atlassian.com

Hope this helps and good luck.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events