And also how to publish robotframework test result in confluence.

Nithya Ravindran November 23, 2017

Need robotframework test report to be published in confluence

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 24, 2017

You will need to explain that a bit more.

Nithya Ravindran November 25, 2017

I have done test automation scripting using robot framework.

I have push source code to bitbucket.

Using Robot test in bamboo, it builds test by fetching the code from bitbucket.

Once test complete...I need to publish or update the test result from bamboo either in tescase available in zephyr-jira or directly in confluence dashboard.

Could you tell the procedure or steps to do that

We are doing assessment of robot framework with atlassian tools.

What is your recommendation about robotframework?

Since our client are using atlassian tools

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2017

You'll need to get robotframework to use REST calls to push data to the Atlassian systems.

I can't tell you more than that, this is an Atlassian forum, not a robotframework one, and you haven't told us how it works or what it produces as test results.

Thanks for your comments

Test results as output.xml file, and HTML files from robotframework. We need to update pass or fail status in zephyr -jira.

And also test status confluence dashboard

Requirements is to implement test automation in devops using atlassian tools such as confluence, bitbucket, bamboo, zephyr jira for test management

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 25, 2017

Right, so your robot thing needs to push those files into the other systems, and poke Zephyr with the result.

Yes exactly.From bamboo, test result should get updated in zephyr-jira and in confluence dashboard

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 26, 2017

So your robot thing needs to push those files into the other systems, and poke Zephyr with the result.

Nithya Ravindran November 26, 2017

No need to push files....From report file output.xml, it should take the pass or fail status to corresponding test case in zephyr jira automatically from postbuild actions of bamboo

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 26, 2017

Bamboo can update and expose information in Jira, I thought you were talking about your robotframework.

Have a look at https://confluence.atlassian.com/bamboo/integrating-bamboo-with-jira-applications-289276945.html

Nithya Ravindran November 26, 2017

Thanks for sharing link...

Hope this link will help for bamboo integrating with zephyr jira. 

Still I need to know whether robotframework output.xml file will be able to parsed by bamboo to zephyr jira or we need to customize with any other report like Junit xml.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events