Allow Tempo Team lead to view/modify timesheets of team members

Marc Minten _EVS_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 22, 2018

We upgraded the Tempo plugin from 8.0.2 to 8.3.1, and found after a lot of investigation that Tempo permissions were significantly modified in Tempo 8.1.

First of all, changing such behavior without backward compatibility is just ELEMENTARY BAD DESIGN AND CODING practice! In addition, the documentation is AWFUL!

We want to give TEMPO TEAM LEADS the permission to view and modify the timesheet worklogs of their team members. This worked well with permissions defined in Tempo in version 8.0.x and before.

If I understand well (as said, the documentation is really bad), the Tempo Team Lead now has to get the permission through Projects permissions (View All Worklogs and Log Work for Others) ?

But we have hundreds of projects, more than 50 teams. The teams work on different projects, the projects a team works on is changing often.

How can I give such permissions to Tempo Team leads for their team (other than listing them all in our hundreds of projects, and changing this all time a team lead is changing).

How can we restrict the permission to change worklogs just to their Tempo Team ???

1 answer

0 votes
Organisation Admin February 22, 2019

Having the same problem, and indeed the documentation is very unclear. Have searching and testing in circles for a few hours already.

I don't want to add the teamlead on a per project base :(

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events