After upgrade, cached JIRA macros don't update properly

Sten Sundelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2016

Hi,

We have upgrade Confluence from 5.7 to 5.10.1 and then updated the Bob Swift cache add-on. Not sure if it's related, but it seems as if the cached JIRA macros (accessing a filter) don't work properly. When the page first loads, they're empty but with an error "Refresh didn't work. Try again or click on issue to see it in JIRA" but there are no issues and everything inside the yellow frame is sort of grayed out. 

BobSwiftCacheIssue.PNG

If I click on the orange refresh arrow above the cached content, the content loads, but any other cached content on the same page is now empty (yellow frame grayed out). If I can click on the orange arrows in quick succession, before they've reloaded, I can get more or all of them to actually load, but it is kind of hit and miss. I have tried Default, Legacy and Current settings and different timeout and memory settings.

Occasionally it will work on a page, but about 90% of the time all of the cached content fails except the one I just clicked Refresh on.

Any ideas?

1 answer

0 votes
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 17, 2016

A few things you can try, starting with the less destructive one:

Try flushing all application caches manually in confluence: Cog > General configuration > Cache management > Flush all (last on the page)

Since you say it started after the upgrade, make sure the plugin is compatible with your current confluence version, upgrade if not. Also make sure the files on the filesystem of confluence are chowned to the confluence user and are read writable.

Not sure if any of this will help, but worth a look.

Sten Sundelin
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 18, 2016

Thank You / Tack,

I flushed the Bob Swift Cache individually and noted that no new entries are created for that cache even as the page is loaded and we click on the 'refresh' icons.

Possibly a file permissions issue as you suggest, but I'm not good enough with Confluence to dig through the file system myself, so I asked for help from Bob Swift through a ticket.

Make It A Great Day And A Better Tomorrow!

Sten

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events