After updates, email approvals not working

Novum Bank Limited April 20, 2015

For some reason, when people are sending @approved when replying to an approval request, nothing happens. 

It used to work perfectly fine until an update was done.

I re created the approval settings for some users, re created them also on the work flow, rebooted both JIRA server and JIRA database, re-indexed both JIRA and Herzum plugin and also disabled/enabled the plugin itself.

The issue still remains.

2 answers

1 vote
Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2015

I suppose you have meet this problem because of uninstalling the older version and installing the new one.

I was upgrading https://chicago.herzum.com/confluence/display/HAP/Herzum+Approval+-+Installation+and+Upgrade documentation to enable you not to meet this problem: 

Upgrading Approval

On upgrading the add-on to an up to date version, it's strongly suggested to upload the dd-on in order to maintain active the configured Approval Mail Handler.

Consider that on uninstalling and installing the add-on it's possible that configured Approval Mail Handler doesn't register so that approval via e-mail doesn't work. If you encounter this problem you need to delete the existing Mail configuration and re-create it as detailed on the HAP - Mail System Configuration guide.

I hope it helps.

Let me know.

0 votes
Novum Bank Limited April 20, 2015

Hi Antonella,

Please ignore this request. There was an internal email issue from our side. I still thank you for your quick response smile 

Cheers,

Jason

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events