After installing version 1.7.13 I got following error:

There were errors loading this plugin:
There was a problem loading the descriptor for module 'Script Manager' in plugin 'groovyrunner'. Error retrieving dependency of class: com.onresolve.jira.groovy.ScriptManagerImpl. Missing class: groovy/lang/GroovyObject

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote

Are you sure you installed the groovy jars as mentioned in the installation notes?

https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/GRV/Script+Runner#ScriptRunner-Installationofversionspriorto2.0.0

Yes I copied it to WEB-INF/lib and restrated my JIRA instance. That's all i did.

So, what jars did you install to WEB-INF/lib?

I installed groovyrunner-1.7.13.jar

Read the instructions carefully and you will see you need more jars :)

Thanks a lot. Are you familiar with this plug in? I am trying to update a custom field on the workflow transition and also automatically transiton when subtasks are resolved.

Oh yeah. That's one famous plugin by a famous person!

See https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/GRV/Built-In+Scripts for some useful examples.

Great!!! I am on the mission :) We have not used much of the customization other then what JIRA came with allowed us, so I will check this one out and see what I can do with it.

Thank you.

I am sorry to bother you again but i have a quick question for you. I am trying to close parent task when all subtask(s) are resolved. As i read the instruction that this should be done at the subtask workflow level typically under resolved and that is what I have done. I also moved this post function under Issue Resolved event per some comments in the instructions as well. Do you know what i might be missing?

Thanks

I am not exactly a groovy guy :) But what you done is correct in JIRA side. What is happening? Are you seeing some error in logs? Which script are you using?

I am not seeing any errors and nothing is happening. I am using one of the script it came with "

Script workflow function : Transition parent when all subtasks are resolved "

Checked the logs and seeing many of these errors: [jira.groovy.listener.ScriptRunnerUberListener] property parse exception

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published May 30, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Three tips for boosting your board's efficiency with Story Maps

Trello is one of the most effective tools for driving your sprints. It's customizable for every Agile team and product owners and Scrum masters (SM) love it. However, Agile teams often struggle with:...

831 views 2 9
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you