Advice on setup on Work Calendar

Greg Sutton September 17, 2015

Thanks for the information on Tempo compatibility  I’d really appreciate some advice on two setup aspects:

(1)    I’m interested in reporting on time worked by Jira Issue component - is there any gadgets or standard reports that can easily give me this information?

(2)    Ideally I’d like to be able to record and report on the skill used when record work – skills could be: Analysis, Design, Code, Test, Document

for example I’m working a Jira Issue “Create Person Page” I’d like to be able to record 2 hours for Analysis, later someone else would record time against the same jira for Test.

What would be the best way to set this up – Tempo has worklog attribute? – and is there any using and reporting on these fields?

1 answer

0 votes
Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 17, 2015

Hi Greg!

1) You can create appropriate Filter and generate reporitng on Work Calendar Timesheets tab:

image2015-9-18 10:24:42.png

On Timesheets tab choose created filter. You can use any grouping and records will be limited to VKP-1 issue.

image2015-9-18 10:27:34.png

2) This is not supported in JIRA and looks like never will be. JIRA approach is to create subtasks. But as you mentioned, you can configure attributes in Tempo: https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/TEMPO/Configuring+Worklog+Attributes

While attributes are configured in Tempo and you ticket "Use Tempo API for time reporting" on the Work Log config screen, you get Tempo dialog when reporting from calendar and it will force to enter the attributes:

image2015-9-18 10:42:42.png

Only Tempo is aware of these attributes and there is no way to generate reporting based on them. My advise is to follow JIRA way with subtasks.

Please let me know if you have any future questions.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events