Please assist with the following:
1. Is it possible to append email addresses to the custom field created to notify cc'ed users. I have created a custom field to capture "Non JIRA account holder to a Text CustomField" but this field is only populated when the issue is created. I have a scenario where users reply to the notifications and add additional email addresses to the ticket that should be appended to the list. Can this be done?
2. Currently when a user user adds a comment a notification is sent to all "Non JIRA account holder to a Text CustomField" email addresses. If one of these users respond is it possible once the comment is generated to have the system email all "Non JIRA account holder to a Text CustomField" email addresses as is the case when a comment is generated via jira interface.
3. Is it possible to create a mail template with an attachments included? If yes first prize would be the ability to attach the standard word/pdf report of the issue. Can this be done?
1) The "Non JIRA account holder to a Text CustomField" can certainly be updated after creation to add new remote users. In fact, if any non-jira user replies sends email with the issue key in the subject, andy new non-jira users _they_ include will also get added. Your scenario should hold true for replies to JIRA generated notifications with issue keys in the subject. There is a mail threading issuein current releases that will be fixed shortly, whereby the original email sent to other non jira users as well as the jira mailbox, if recipients reply to _that_ then currently, it would create a new issue, the correct/soon-to-be behaviour (1.3) is that this will relate back to the originally created issue. A footnote to this, having looked at it, if people ammend the subject, it breaks the lookup, and is deemed a new issue.
2) Yes, you need to use the JEMH IssueListener to catch those events and broadcast issue event notifications, see https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/wiki/display/JEMH/Enable+non+JIRA+Account+holders+to+receive+issue+updates
3) Not exactly, https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/browse/JEMH-880 is implemented in 1.3 (next major release) which embeds wiki style. This was done really from a JIRA usability perspective, I havent checked what it looks like through a default email. Locating any attachments that have been added via email is therefore doable, its more work to locate the JIRA changes to give a consistent output for non-jira users.
Please vote/watch on https://studio.plugins.atlassian.com/browse/JEMH-967 which is the feature request for adding attachments to outbound notifications.
Firing the issue -> PDF generation function is not out of the question, its just never been asked for before. Do you think every user would want this? Perhaps it needs to be a per-user preference? (again more work). If you can, please raise a feature request on JEMH Jira (due to move to OnDemand real soon now).
Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.Learn more
Trello is one of the most effective tools for driving your sprints. It's customizable for every Agile team and product owners and Scrum masters (SM) love it. However, Agile teams often struggle with:...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG