Adding a Hudson (Jenkins) Association

Is it necessary to go into JIRA and create a Hudson association everytime a developer creates a new branch? If so, is there any tips on how to automate this process? Our development team's create new branches all the time, so this would create significant overhead if you had to create a new association for every new branch. I hope I'm missing something in the setup....

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

At this time the developer will have to do this manually.

And there is no API available to automate this.

If you want this as a feature, then please create a feature/story issue on our JIRA instance. http://issues.marvelution.com

I have created a new issue (JJI-88) to create a new "hook" to allow for automatically create assocaitions between new jobs and projects

No brickbats please, use Bamboo :) The latest Bamboo is all about automatic build management for branches, and even auto merge. Check out https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Bamboo+4.2+Release+Notes

Please stick to answering technical questions. This is not the place for bad sales pitches.

I have an interest in this as well. Was looking for advice on the Jira pluggin for Jenkins.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 22, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

How a Marketplace app tech team is achieving gender diversity

Hello! My name is Genevieve Blanch, and I'm the Marketing Manager at RefinedWiki, creators of apps to give teams the tools to customize Atlassian platforms. Currently, 44% of the tech team at Re...

463 views 3 17
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you