Adding a Hudson (Jenkins) Association

Larry LaSalle August 6, 2012

Is it necessary to go into JIRA and create a Hudson association everytime a developer creates a new branch? If so, is there any tips on how to automate this process? Our development team's create new branches all the time, so this would create significant overhead if you had to create a new association for every new branch. I hope I'm missing something in the setup....

Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mark Rekveld - Marvelution
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 19, 2012

At this time the developer will have to do this manually.

And there is no API available to automate this.

If you want this as a feature, then please create a feature/story issue on our JIRA instance. http://issues.marvelution.com

Mark Rekveld - Marvelution
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 1, 2013

I have created a new issue (JJI-88) to create a new "hook" to allow for automatically create assocaitions between new jobs and projects

0 votes
Michael Pechner October 19, 2012

Please stick to answering technical questions. This is not the place for bad sales pitches.

I have an interest in this as well. Was looking for advice on the Jira pluggin for Jenkins.

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 14, 2012

No brickbats please, use Bamboo :) The latest Bamboo is all about automatic build management for branches, and even auto merge. Check out https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BAMBOO/Bamboo+4.2+Release+Notes

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events