Add your Privacy Policy to your listings now... what to do?

Geoff Williams December 19, 2018

Looks like we all have until 31st January to come up with privacy policies and I wondered what other small developers are doing to comply with this new rule.

My own app doesn't collect any data so I've held off dealing with this until now. I'm pretty sure that lawyers fees would consume most/all of the money I make from the marketplace.

Does anyone know of a ready to use free policy that basically says no data is collected? What are you doing to plan for this change? Very interested to know.

1 answer

0 votes
Scott Selberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2019

So, I have the source code for my plugins on bitbucket.org.  I used the wiki there to create a privacy policy.  I'm not a legal expert and didn't want to drag the legal team into this, so I just took a stab.  Our plugins don't collect any private information.  The one exception I can think of is some of them do provided a field in the admin configuration to put an email addess so the plugin can send notices.  (For example, the Database Connector plugin has a 'soft-limit' feature so that if somebody is making large queries to a database that can effect performance the plugin will allow the query to go through but send an email to the admin provided address to let them know about the large query.)

https://bitbucket.org/keysight/keysight-plugins-for-atlassian-products/wiki/PrivacyPolicy?_ga=2.193973551.36280146.1548266776-938147093.1525153720 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events