Add custom field user to participants list

Tiffany L. May 17, 2017

I have a single-user picklist (i.e. Recruiter) on a ticket with a limited subset of users (i.e. Jane Doe, John Smith). What I would like to do is add the user who is identified in the picklist as a watcher on the issue using an automation. Is this possible?

Essentially, an end user selects Jane Doe as their "Recruiter" when creating the ticket. The automation should launch and populate "Jane Doe" as a "Participant" on the issue.

I'd like to get it to reference this field specifically instead of having to manually key in users so it is easy to maintain as we grow. I'm assuming this would be an advanced query in an edit issue componant - what would the syntax look like? FYI - I'm using Automation for Jira Lite right now while testing.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2017

If you end goal is to notify the user whom you picked up in that list (recruiter), the better option is to simply add that custom field to the Notification Scheme for the project to notify for the relevant events.

I don't think you need any automation for this and this is a single time administration. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events