Add company on issue creation

Joel Holmberg September 20, 2017

I'm using Atlas CRM and so far I like it a lot. But I wonder if there is any way for me to add a Company or Customer when creating a new issue? Or do I have to create the issue, then open it, then click the "+" in the CRM part of the issue screen? I cannot find any fields to add to my jira screens related to Atlas CRM. Am I missing something maybe?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Maarten Arts
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2017

Hi Joel,

It's great to hear that you like the add-on so far! 

You're not missing anything, the workflow to add a company or contact to an issue is somewhat cumbersome.

We have been looking into adding a deeper integration with JIRA, which would add this field to the issue create screen. But JIRA can't handle the huge amounts of data that some of our users manage in Atlas CRM. (We're talking tens of thousands of companies and contacts)

For these users, JIRA would slow down drastically or even become unresponsive. This is why we have decided to wait with this integration until these issues are resolved. 

We are looking into alternatives that would possibly speed-up your workflow. Are you generally creating several issues for a single company or contact? We could, for example, make it easier to create a number of issues for the same company or contact.

Thank you,

Maarten

Joel Holmberg September 20, 2017

Thank you for a quick answer. I totally understand, seems like a good reason to wait.

No I mainly make one issue for a company, and while creating the issue I also create the company and contact. If the company agrees to do the project with us, we then add their information and more details.

One thing you could improve with not much effort is when I add a company to an issue, and then add a new contact that isn't already in the system, you could ask "Is this contact connected to the company you added?". In most cases they will be connected since I add them to the same issue in JIRA. Now I have to manually go into the contact in Atlas CRM and make the connection.

Just a suggestion =)

Joel

Maarten Arts
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2017

That's a great suggestion, thank you! We have actually looked into this in the past, but due to some limitations we couldn't find a good solution back then.

A lot has changed since then and while we are currently focusing on building other functionality in the add-on, we are also thinking about improving the whole creation and linking flow.

If you're interested, I would like to run a couple of ideas by you, to see what your opinion is. If you are, let me know by sending an email to ------.

Cheers,
Maarten

1 vote
Scott Davis January 18, 2018

I, too, would love to have the AtlasCRM company/contact fields available for the "create issue" screen. I understand why you have held back building that in for those with large databases - but surely it could be made optional? So for those of us who wouldn't take the performance hit we could enable it?

An alternative could be to come at it from the "Company" or "Contact" screen - have a version of the JIRA SD "Create" button on either the main company/contact page, or on the issues tab that automatically links the issue being created to the open company/contact.

This is an easy change to how my team would work: they would always start on the Altas CRM company search pages, and be able to build tickets immediately from there with the right details attached from the start.

Maarten Arts
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 18, 2018

Hi Scott,

Thank you for your suggestion. We have actually been thinking about adding a create button to the company and contact profile. It would make it much easier to create issues (and pages if you use Confluence) that are linked to the customer.

We are working on a couple of big changes in Atlas CRM which have our priority at the moment. I'll share your suggestion with the team. If we find time to pick up other improvements, this could be an interesting one for us to work on.

Thank you,
Maarten

Scott Davis July 16, 2018

Glad to report this feature is now available and working!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events