Add an additional level to the story map (Easy Agile User Story Maps for JIRA)

Hi!

I've just installed an evaluation version of the plugin. However, I'm wondering if it would be possible to add an additional level above the "epic" level, which you call the backbone. Our users have tested it and would like to have the ability to configure an additional level above epics, based on the Theme issue type perhaps. Would this be possible?

Best regards,

Johan

1 answer

0 vote
Nicholas Muldoon Community Champion Jan 17, 2017

Hi Johan,

This is certainly something we are exploring, both for customers with JIRA Portfolio and those without.

For the Portfolio customers I think it makes sense to reuse the Theme issue type as that provides consistency across JIRA Software, Portfolio, and the story map.

As for the additional level for activities where a customer doesn't have Portfolio I think we'll likely select Component as most customers we've spoken with seem to use this already for that grouping.

I've made a note to follow up with you when we being investigating this in more detail.

Thanks Johan, have a great day.

Regards,
Nick Muldoon
Easy Agile 

Any update on Portfolio support? Plans? ETA?

Nicholas Muldoon Community Champion Monday

Hi stuartro@gmail.com,

We actually met with the someone from the Atlassian Portfolio product team last week.

Portfolio started providing an API earlier this year so the functionality is now (I believe) there for us to build on top of (Cloud and Server). Having said that, we'll be awaiting announcements from the Portfolio team at Atlassian European Summit this coming September before making a decision.

So, still on the backlog, no ETA, awaiting forward guidance from Atlassian on the direction they plan to take with Portfolio.

I'll update this response after the European Summit.

Thanks Stuart, have a great day,

Nick Muldoon, Product Manager, Easy Agile

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jul 10, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

If you’re an Atlassian app developer, you’ll want to know about Atlas Camp!

This September 6-7, hundreds of Atlassian App developers will flock to Barcelona Spain to build skills, discover product roadmaps, meet face-to-face with the Atlassian team, and learn how to extend t...

182 views 0 4
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you