Add an additional level to the story map (Easy Agile User Story Maps for JIRA)

Johan Jonsson Nilsson January 17, 2017

Hi!

I've just installed an evaluation version of the plugin. However, I'm wondering if it would be possible to add an additional level above the "epic" level, which you call the backbone. Our users have tested it and would like to have the ability to configure an additional level above epics, based on the Theme issue type perhaps. Would this be possible?

Best regards,

Johan

4 answers

1 vote
Teagan
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 24, 2021

Hi @Johan Jonsson Nilsson @dbates @taylor.sharpe @[deleted] @Peter Papadopoulos @Prioulet Priscilla @JOSE JAVIER LOPEZ LOPEZ 

Teagan from Easy Agile reaching back out to let you know that we have just released version 7.0 of Easy Agile User Story Maps.

This release includes the ability to display an additional level of issue hierarchy on the Story Map - a feature I know you’ve expressed interest in in the past and one of our most requested Story Maps features to date! You can check out this new functionality in our sandbox demo environment now.

Story Map Issue Hierarchy.png

Information on how to upgrade to version 7.0 can be found here. You can learn more about configuring and using this new functionality on our docs.

As one of our most highly requested features, we’re really keen on hearing your feedback and suggestions for improvement. Please feel free to send through your feedback to support@easyagile.com. 

Cheers, 
Teagan Harbridge 
Head of Product - Easy Agile 

0 votes
Teagan
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
November 17, 2020

Hi @[deleted] @dbates @taylor.sharpe @Peter Papadopoulos @Prioulet Priscilla 

My name is Teagan and I am Head of Product here at Easy Agile, reaching out on behalf of Nick. 

We are yet to build a 3rd layer of hierarchy in Easy Agile User Story Maps, as we are actively gathering feedback from our customers on what this would look like/how this would work. 

Would anyone be interested in joining me on a 30 minute call where I could ask you a few questions? If so, please reach out to support@easyagile.com and we can arrange a time. 

Your feedback would be incredibly valuable in helping up carve a path forward. 

Thanks, 
Teagan Harbridge 
Head of Product - Easy Agile 

0 votes
Deleted user May 29, 2019

+1 for an update

Thanks,

James

0 votes
Nick Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2017

Hi Johan,

This is certainly something we are exploring, both for customers with JIRA Portfolio and those without.

For the Portfolio customers I think it makes sense to reuse the Theme issue type as that provides consistency across JIRA Software, Portfolio, and the story map.

As for the additional level for activities where a customer doesn't have Portfolio I think we'll likely select Component as most customers we've spoken with seem to use this already for that grouping.

I've made a note to follow up with you when we being investigating this in more detail.

Thanks Johan, have a great day.

Regards,
Nick Muldoon
Easy Agile 

Stuart July 16, 2018

Any update on Portfolio support? Plans? ETA?

Nick Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 16, 2018

Hi @Stuart,

We actually met with the someone from the Atlassian Portfolio product team last week.

Portfolio started providing an API earlier this year so the functionality is now (I believe) there for us to build on top of (Cloud and Server). Having said that, we'll be awaiting announcements from the Portfolio team at Atlassian European Summit this coming September before making a decision.

So, still on the backlog, no ETA, awaiting forward guidance from Atlassian on the direction they plan to take with Portfolio.

I'll update this response after the European Summit.

Thanks Stuart, have a great day,

Nick Muldoon, Product Manager, Easy Agile

JOSE JAVIER LOPEZ LOPEZ December 4, 2018

Some progress on this topic

Like Nick Muldoon likes this
Nick Muldoon
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 6, 2018

Hi @JOSE JAVIER LOPEZ LOPEZ,

No update at this stage as we've been focused on our newest app Easy Agile Programs

In Easy Agile Programs we've been exploring other linking mechanisms, first by supporting Jira Issue Links. And this behaviour is something I would like to bring back to the story maps in the future, allowing us to support a Portfolio hierarchy in the story map.

If you want to be notified about this in future please email support@easyagile.com so I've got your contact details for when we explore this in more detail.

Thanks Jose, have a good day.

Regards,

Nick Muldoon
Product Manager, Easy Agile

Prioulet Priscilla May 17, 2019

Hi, I would like to know as well if you had developed this level up abose the feature backbone ?

I pretty like your tool because of the simplicty and user friendly aspect, but without with Epic level I can't use it (because of my product manager / do not really like using it (because of my habits :) ).

Have you some news about 

Thank you. Regards,

Priscilla.

Peter Papadopoulos May 23, 2019

Hello, 

I would also like to see if you have an update on this as well. I am working to create story maps but I would like to take my map to a higher level than epics to create a backbone that follows the narrative flow users follow. 

Any update would be helpful. 

Thank you, 

Peter

Like Aaron Rosenberg likes this
taylor.sharpe February 25, 2020

I'm wondering if aside from portfolio, other issue types could be used. Perhaps including custom issues types (like Milestone in our example).

This would be a great addition to the simple visualization of work for large, complex user story maps.

Love the app. Keep iterating! :)

dbates November 17, 2020

Any update here @Nick Muldoon?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events