Ad Hoc Canvas List - Entire page content being deleted upon saving list

Lucas_Clotworthy July 29, 2012

I am having a problem saving any changes to an Ad Hoc Canvas List on the Edit page.

Basically it deletes the entire page content except the list upon clicking save, also when i put the list inside any sort of container (panel, confluence page layouts etc.) the entire page including the list is deleted and i am left with a blank edit page. This is very frustrating behaviour.

We are running Confluence version 4.2.1 and Ad Hoc Canvas plugin version 1.2. Also I am currently on a trial license for Ad Hoc Canvas but intend to purchase one once i resolve this problem.

Thanks in advance for any help with this problem.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ulrich Kuhnhardt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 16, 2012

Hi Lucas,

we have been able to reproduce the problem exactly as you describe it with IE9 only. I have created a problem report and we have started investigation.

Thanks again for this report. Cheers - Ulrich

Lucas_Clotworthy August 16, 2012

No problem Ulrich I'm glad i could help.

Also thanks for the support with this problem, it is much appreciated.

0 votes
Ulrich Kuhnhardt
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 12, 2012

Hello Lucas,

thanks for contacting us through answers.atlassian.com and sorry for all the trouble.

There is no difference in functionality between the evaluation and the commercial version of canvas.

The behaviour you are describing sounds interesting indeed.

Here are a few questions that will help us solve the problem

1. Which browser are you using, which version?
  2. Can you try to clear the cache of your browser and reload the page, then edit it?
  3. Can you illustrate with a screencast (preferred) or a series of screenshots what exactly happens? I have created a sample screenshot that highlights some relevant elements such as page content, a panel and the Ad hoc List editor. It would be helpful if you'd attach a similar screenshot that describes the 'before' and another one of the page editor that describes the 'after' saving the list.
  4. If you can enable the console log of your browser, are there any errors or warnings shown when you perform above operations?
  5. Here are a few things to try
  • create a page and add some content, including a panel, but no list, save the page - does that work, is the content shown?
  • in the panel add a wiki-markup macro and in the wiki markup macro body add an Ad hoc List by typing "{adhoclist:name=Popular Labels}". See the screenshot for this step. Can you save the page and see the list?

I suspect that when saving the Ad hoc List macro editor 'some' error happens and the Confluence server redirects the browser to .../pages/editpage.action without saving the content of the editor, but I can't be sure.

If you feel more comfortable to discuss this problem in our customer portal please feel free to open a discussion there. It makes attaching logs and images easier.

Lucas_Clotworthy August 12, 2012

Hi Ulrich,

I found a simple solution to this problem thanks to your first question, I was using Internet Explorer 9. When i switched to Mozilla Firefox 14 everything works as it should including when i place the List inside a Panel or any other container. I have attached a couple screenshots and answered your questions below as requested so that you guys can help solve this problem.

1. Which browser are you using, which version?
    - Internet Explorer 9
  2. Can you try to clear the cache of your browser and reload the page, then edit it?
    - Makes no difference, still get the same behaviour
  3. Can you illustrate with a screencast (preferred) or a series of screenshots what exactly happens? - See attached Scrrenshots
  4. If you can enable the console log of your browser, are there any errors or warnings shown when you perform above operations?
    - Sorry I do not know how to do this
  5. create a page and add some content, including a panel, but no list, save the page - does that work, is the content shown?
    - Yes content is shown as expected, I do not recieve this behaviour from any other macro except the Ad Hoc List and Board Macros.
  • in the panel add a wiki-markup macro and in the wiki markup macro body add an Ad hoc List by typing "{adhoclist:name=Popular Labels}". See the screenshot for this step. Can you save the page and see the list?
    - Yes the page saves however i have always been able to add a List or Board macro to the page and save. It is when i go to edit the macro after adding it that i recieve this behaviour. Also this only happend when a change is made via the Edit List pop-up box, if no change is made, When i click save everything remains the same (no content is removed)

I hope this helps you isolate what is causing this problem. I am happy to just use Mozilla Firefox for now until this is resolved.

Screenshot 1 - Before

Screenshot 2 - After

0 votes
Martin Cleaver [Comalatech] August 9, 2012

Hi Lucas - I apologise, we did not see this question.

Did you solve the problem? The plugin is mostly trouble free and we have not heard of this issue before today.

Thanks,

Martin.

Lucas_Clotworthy August 11, 2012

Hi Martin,

So far i have not been able to solve this problem, I'm not really sure how to go about solving it actually.

As explained above, on the edit screen when i make any change to the Ad Hoc List macro via the "Edit List" pop-up box, upon clicking Save on the pop-up box everything on the edit screen is deleted except the Ad Hoc List macro. I also get the same behavour when editing an Ad Hoc Board macro.

Is this something to do with only having an evaluation licence?

Thanks,

Lucas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events