Account and Team Approvals in Tempo

Ilana Richmond April 23, 2013

Can only one person (team or account leader) approve a timesheet or can there be two people (account leader AND team leader) who approve a timesheet? For us, we would like to have the team (functional or department) leader approve the timesheet as well as the account/project leader.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Viðar Svansson [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2013

There are two different workflows that you can use. Seems like you want to use both account approval and timesheet approval. The team lead approves the user timesheet, making sure that hours are correct. Then the account lead reviews hours on his accounts.

So you should enable both timesheet approval and account approval in the Tempo admin configuration.

Hope this helps,

Viðar

Joe F. Lee April 25, 2013

Is it possible to have someone else than the Account lead approving the tempo Account? In our case we like this to be done by Project Managers but still need the Account owner listed in the Account.

How can we get this done?

Thanks,
Joe

Viðar Svansson [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 25, 2013

Yes Joe, Tempo does not enforce that account lead approves so it is fine to have project leads perform the task. We will add more options to this in the future.

Hi Viðar, the only problem is that we are importing the accounts via service from Salesforce and the Account Leads cannot be changed to Project Leads.

Is there any setting that allows me to change the account approval right from account lead to the user role "project lead" or any other? I cannot find it.

Viðar Svansson [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 25, 2013

Well technically there is no need to change anything. The project lead can open the account timesheet and click approve. Have you not been able to do that? Is the project lead not also a team lead?

Hi Viðar, we have tested it and made sure that the Project Lead is also listed as a team lead. We actually have 5 different teams set up in the Team Manager. Team Leaders are also listed as Team Members as Project Leads are also Project Developers in our setup.

When a team lead is now looking at the account time sheet the Approve button is not active (locked symbol).

Viðar Svansson [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 25, 2013

It looks like you can't approve until the period is over. So try with the same user to navigate to previous period and see whether it is active on that period.

Joe F. Lee June 12, 2013

Hi Viðar,

we have now used Tempo productively since May 1st. All user timesheets have been approved but I am still not able to approve the account timesheets even though I am Team Lead & Tempo Administrator.

Any suggestions?

Viðar Svansson [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 18, 2013

Hi Joe,

I am sorry for the late reply and for the problem you are facing. I am afraid that that you are experiencing some edge case that we need to have a closer look at. I am going to ask support to follow up on this with you so we can straight this out.

Thanks,

Viðar

Janos Biro March 21, 2019

The Account approval feature is now removed in v9.0 so it is not a valid answer anymore... I'm afraid there is solution to this problem now. 

1 vote
Sverrir Tynes [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 18, 2013

Hi Joe

Please verify that the period is closed for team members

See the info box on this page:
https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/TEMPO/Account+Timesheet

Hope this helps

Sverrir Tynes
Tempo support

Joe F. Lee June 19, 2013

Hi Sverrir,

thanks for this info... that actually did the trick. I did overlook this part in the manual somehow... sorry.

Thanks for letting me know.

Best,
Joe

0 votes
Sverrir Tynes [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 19, 2013

Great :) and you re welcome

/Sverrir

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events