Account Reporting - Setup and Workflow Help Please

TJ Baker December 5, 2014

We are just getting set up with custom accounts for the purpose of tracking project estimates and billable hours.

I would really appreciate information on whether we can get the following with what is provided by Tempo, and if so, how.

We'd like to allow our Sales Manager to do a weekly report on all open projects that will show him:

• Project
  • Hours Sold (estimated)
  • Hours Worked
  • Remaining Hours 

When I do a PDF Export for Accounts now it seems all I get is hours worked.  Can it be made to show us the information listed above?

Also curious if we can somehow 'archive' accounts so that when we do a PDF Export of accounts to view this information we're not getting reports for accounts that are no longer active.

Thanks for any input you can provide.

Cheers,

tj

3 answers

0 votes
Heiða Dóra Jónsdóttir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2014

Hi yet again TJ

One last point regarding reports and archived accounts. If work has been logged on an archived account it is shown in the PDF export report. But if global permissions are configured it is possible to forbid users to log work on closed accounts, thus no work will be logged and archived accounts will not show up on the report for future periods.

Best, Heiða

0 votes
Heiða Dóra Jónsdóttir
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2014

Hi again TJ

I forgot to add, that as a workaround you can use the excel export and view the categories you mentioned in a report. 

This blog explains how you can export and pivot your data in excel 
http://blog.tempoplugin.com/2012/pivoting-tempo-and-jira-reports-using-excel/

You can also use the Tempo API to export all data on a high level permissions as documented on this page:
http://blog.tempoplugin.com/2012/creating-excel-reports-using-high-level-permissions-api-export/

Hope this helps.

Best, Heiða

0 votes
Heiða Dóra Jónsdóttir
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 8, 2014

Hi TJ

We value feedback and comments on how we can make Tempo better, so I have created this issue as a Feature Request in the Timesheets project. Other users with similar requests can now vote on this issue and contribute by adding comments that can help Tempo developers.

You can click on the label and Epic link to view similar requests. 

This issue has already been registered as an improvement in our internal system (under external issue ID on the ticket) and I have added the archive option you mention as a comment on our internal issue.

Please view issue at: https://tempoplugin.jira.com/browse/TT-1812.

I hope this was helpful.

Best regards,

Heiða Dóra

Tempo Team

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events