Ability to select Approvers by user from within an issue

Muhanad February 21, 2017

Hi, are you able to select determine the approvers from within the issue rather than it being pre-determined.

In my case; each issue has different approvers/decisions makers and this is determined by a a super user during a workflow transition. Is this possible ?

Thanks

3 answers

1 vote
Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2017

Hi Muhanad,

Yes, you are you able to select determine the approvers from within the issue.

You have two options:

- Enable the super user to setup Approvals for single issue (https://chicago.herzum.com/confluence/display/HAP/Configure+permissions+allowing+to+define+approvals) via the Define Approvals screen (https://chicago.herzum.com/confluence/display/HAP/Define+Approvals+for+an+issue)

- Configure an Approval Mapping where the Approval is a user-picker or a group-picker custom field. This setting allows you to have different approvers depending by users or groups selected on the user-picker or group-picker custom fields (https://chicago.herzum.com/confluence/display/HAP/Configuring+an+Approval+via+user+and+group+picker+custom+fields).

Please, look on the linked confluence pages illustrating the mentioned topics.

Do not hesitate to let me know if I can provide any further support or clarification.

Sincerely,

Antonella

0 votes
Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2017

The new Herzum Approval major version 4.0 will provide the feature you need in addition to other improvements, features and bug fixing.
Please, find below the Release notes:

Summary: Improvements, new features and bug fixing

Improvements

• Revamping of all user interfaces (Administration screens, Approval Web panel, Approval History)

New Features

• Configurable automatic workflow transition depending by the number of rejections
  • New customization options for the Approval Request Email Templates (Subject, Logo, Header, Footer)
  • Capability to customize the Approval Reply E-mail Template
  • Capability to specify if the Conditional Rule is evaluated with the current User or reporter or assignee or user picker
  • New customization options available on the Global Configuration screen
  • Bulk Copy/Move/Delete Approval Mapping configurations
  • 'View Approval Workflow' allowing to display the Approvals settings on the issue
  • Herzum Approvals Report gadget
  • Support Request Form

Bugs

• Fixed Error converting XML to workflow descriptor.: root cause: Attribute "type" with value "" must have a value from the list "AND OR "
  • Other minor fixes

We feel confident to release Herzum Approval  version 4.0 before the end of February.

Sincerely,
Antonella

Hi Antonella,

Excellent news, i will wait for the update.

Muhanad March 3, 2017

Hi Antonella,

I have been eagerly waiting for the plugin update and it did not dis-appoint. Good job guys !!

I need your help though; as i am not able to transition an issues back for Review if at if at least one rejection is received.

I also want it to transition forward for implementation only if ALL have accepted !!

Hope you can help..

Thanks again.

Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 5, 2017

In order to achieve your goal you need to manage the following settings:

• Navigate Addons->Global Configuration screen and turn ON the option Enable automatic workflow transition based upon conditional and unconditional minimum required approbations/rejections

• Navigate the Conditional Rules administration screen and create a Conditional Rule always true. E.g.status != approved
    image2017-3-6 11:6:31.png

• Navigate the Approval Mapping configuration screen or the Single Issue configuration screen and setup
    • Automatic workflow transition on approving: ON
    • Automatic workflow transition on rejecting: ON
    • Transition on rejecting: your transition reject (e.g. Reject )
    • Minimum Required approbations/rejections:
      1) If Always True then it's required the rejection of 1 Approval/s
      image2017-3-6 11:7:39.png

When completing the configuration process, the Advanced Settings should display as follows:

image2017-3-6 11:4:31.png

Please let me know if you need any further help or assistance.

Sincerely,
Antonella

Muhanad March 7, 2017

Hi Antonella;

This worked like a charm. 

One more question please - how can i force a comments on rejection ?

Thank you

Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 7, 2017

You can turn On the option Require Approval Comment.

image2017-3-7 16:15:43.png

It will force comments on approbation, rejection, reset and abstention. 

Sincerely,

Antonella

0 votes

Hi Antonella,

Thank you for this; very useful and i am now able to define approvers from an issue. 

I have one more query; in my workflow when an issue is approved by the committee (selected users) it will proceed to another status; this is working correctly. But when at least one of the users Rejects it, it should go back to another status for modification and review. This is not working; as when i reject through the plugin it stays on the same status. Can this be implemented ? i am sure your plugin can handle it i am just not able to see where !

Thanks

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events