Ability to exclude specific users from Team Timesheet and other Tempo Gadgets?

Bill Roberts September 3, 2013

Hi everyone,

I'd like to know if there's the ability to exclude specific users from Team Timesheet and other Tempo Gadgets? We have some overhead employees that do not need to use Tempo Timsheeets but have access to JIRA. I'd like to know if there's a way to exclude certain users from the gadgets and other Tempo reports to show only my billable employees working tasks and issues in JIRA.

Thanks in advance, Bill Roberts

2 answers

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 10, 2013

There is no special permission scheme for desktop gadgets. Not all users have acess to all gadgets but this is only dependent on if you are a Team leader or Team member, you cannot define single users to have access to the gadgets. Please take a look at https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/TEMPO077/Tempo+Gadgets. At the top of this page is an overview of which Tempo gadgets can be used by Team leaders only and which by Team members.

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 3, 2013

Hi Bill,

you can take these users out of your Tempo permissions. If you take them out of Tempo Time Tracking in the Tempo Global Permissions, they can no longer access Tempo but still have full access to all JIRA features. Please take a look at https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/TEMPO077/Tempo+Permissions#TempoPermissions-TempoTimeTracking for more information.

Best regards

Susanne Götz (Tempo)

Bill Roberts September 10, 2013
Thanks for your response. I tried this and it ended up restricting my access to the Tempo widgets. It there another way of doing this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events