AJAX mode in JDVP 3.0

Mikhail Khrustalev August 18, 2013

Will you plan to fix AJAX mode in JDVP?

JDVP is really usefull in comparance of Kepler plugin, so Kepler one oin not an alternative for JDVP.

How much funds do you need to do this?

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mikhail Khrustalev May 29, 2014
Unfortunately I could not wait so long time and had to migrate to nFeed It is not free but useful anough
0 votes
Wim Deblauwe
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2014

Hi,

glad to hear you like the plugin. I have just released version 3.3 that contains the fix of Mirek Hankus. Enjoy!

regards,

Wim

Christoph Thomas June 2, 2014

Dear Wim,

Thank you very much! I just installed version 3.3 in our testing environment and it looks great.

Best regards,

Chris

Christoph Thomas January 13, 2015

Dear Wim, I've just migrated the testing Environment to Jira 6.3.13 and installed your latest plugin Version (3.4) and am facing the same Problems as before you included the fix of Mirek Hankus. Any idea how to fix this? Best regards, Chris

0 votes
Christoph Thomas May 22, 2014

Dear Wim,

we are also using your awesome Database Value plugin (version 3.2, Jira Version 6.2) as it works much better for us than the Kepler plugin. Regretfully, we are experiencing the same problems as described in this thread with Database Value Custom Fields not populating depending on the context from which you open the edit screen. I've seen that Mirek Hankus and Bob Abram have found a solution in https://bitbucket.org/wimdeblauwe/jdvp/issue/14/ajax-style-field-dont-run-in-popup-screen. Do you plan to integrate this solution into your plugin and release a new version soon?

Hope to hear from you soon!

Best regards,

Chris

0 votes
John Price
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 28, 2013

I have the same problem. See my question at https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/191976/jira-jdvp-plugin-2-0-and-higher-won-t-do-ajax-lookup

This is actually keeping us from updating Jira any more. We use JDVP enough that we can't just get rid of it ... any news of a possible fix?

0 votes

Hi,

1) Kepler operates with VALUES not with links by id.

if you select any value from the list (of external values), it can populate the custom field with exact VALUE from the list, and (as option) populate custom fields with some other VALUES of the population row (for examlpe, ID).

So, when you change the value in the source database, plugin doesn't automatically show the changes in JIRA. It shows only old values.

Maybe it is possible to realize a form with reporting customfield (Child Database Field type in Kepler terms), which will show read values selected from source by stored ID, but it will be the third custom field for one case.

Maybe I'm reading the manuals without enought attantion ... but I think it's very complicated.

Your plugin do this automatically, and THIS is the main feature of it.

2) It has no rednerers (it is the consequence of 1). I cant configure how I can edit, search or veiw field.

If I need to select objects by names, but after selection view them as links, I need two fields in Kepler plugin/ One - for selection, one for view (Child). It's not comfortable

At the end I've founf nFeed plugin

That is the same way to Database values selection as you go.

It has two advantages from your one:

1) You don't need to restart JIRA after reconfiguration (not so critical)

2) You may have DIFFERENT queries for edit and for select (really it is the first one)

For example, if you need to restrict selection from Disabled objects you need to add condition not status = Disabled to SQL query for custom value edition. But in that case you will get 'No object found' in DBV castom field in all old issues, with IDs, which are disabled now.

So you need SQL for edit mode with condition status = Disabled, and SQL for VIEW mode with no any condition.

But this plugin has one important deficience:

license for 10-100 users = 800 $ :(

0 votes
Wim Deblauwe
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 18, 2013

Hi,

I am not doing much on my plugin anymore because I though the Kepler plugin does all mine does and more. What are you missing in the Kepler plugin that mine has?

regards,

Wim

Hi,

1) Kepler operates with VALUES not with links by id.

if you select any value from the list (of external values), it can populate the custom field with exact VALUE from the list, and (as option) populate custom fields with some other VALUES of the population row (for examlpe, ID).

So, when you change the value in the source database, plugin doesn't automatically show the changes in JIRA. It shows only old values.

Maybe it is possible to realize a form with reporting customfield (Child Database Field type in Kepler terms), which will show read values selected from source by stored ID, but it will be the third custom field for one case.

Maybe I'm reading the manuals without enought attantion ... but I think it's very complicated.

Your plugin do this automatically, and THIS is the main feature of it.

2) It has no rednerers (it is the consequence of 1). I cant configure how I can edit, search or veiw field.

If I need to select objects by names, but after selection view them as links, I need two fields in Kepler plugin/ One - for selection, one for view (Child). It's not comfortable

At the end I've founf nFeed plugin

That is the same way to Database values selection as you go.

It has two advantages from your one:

1) You don't need to restart JIRA after reconfiguration (not so critical)

2) You may have DIFFERENT queries for edit and for select (really it is the first one)

For example, if you need to restrict selection from Disabled objects you need to add condition not status = Disabled to SQL query for custom value edition. But in that case you will get 'No object found' in DBV castom field in all old issues, with IDs, which are disabled now.

So you need SQL for edit mode with condition status = Disabled, and SQL for VIEW mode with no any condition.

But this plugin has one important deficience:

license for 10-100 users = 800 $ :(

So, it will be really cool if you fix AJAX mode. Regardingg comments about the problem, all the data is correctly loaded to client, but isn't shown. Or ... shown anywhere alse in invisible window, or out of the screen. It must not be complex task to find the bug.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events