structure plugin - how to disappear "No epic" folder?

T.Matsumoto May 17, 2017

Hi, 

With the automation shown below, there exists "no epic" foler under component. How I can disappear that ? 

In passing, I would like to know the "Grouped by" ordering  of "Grouped by Epic" and "Grouped by Components".  Is it correct to think that generator operation will run from the bottom to head ?

If so, I am not sure why resulted hierarchy is as below (i.e. Componets --> Epic --> Story ...). I wonder the hierarchy should be "Epic --> Component --> ... ) as firstly grouping by Epic is executed, and after that, grouping by Component is made.

JIRAStructure.png

Structure Plugin Version 4.0.0 is used.

<https://wiki.almworks.com/display/structure/Automation>

Thanks, 

1 comment

Comment

Stepan Kholodov _ALM Works_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 25, 2017

Hello Takaaki,

If you add the Group by Epic Generator when Epics are already in the structure, they end up in the ‘No epic’ folder since they don’t have epic links and the Group Generator ‘sees’ them simply as issues, that need to be grouped. You can avoid that by not adding Epics to the structure before adding the Group by Epic Generator.

We recommend the following way of building the structure:

1. Add Insert Generator with the query for all issues below Epics: ‘project=xx and type in (Story, Task)’;
2. Add Extend Generator to add issues with the ‘Relates’ link;
3. Add the Filter Generator;
4. To remove duplicate issues, add Remove Inserter/Extender Duplicates Filter Generator;
5. Add Group by Components and Group by Epic Generator, which will pull Epics in the structure. If you want, you can drag and drop both groupers in the list of Generators to change the grouping order.

I hope this helps!

Please feel free to create a support request in our Help Desk if you need further assistance or need help with anything else: https://support.almworks.com

Best regards,

Stepan Kholodov

ALM Works

Like Fazila Ashraf likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events