Upgrading to 7.4.x and above with Jira suite utilities

Laurent Bierge
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2017

Hi,

I've upgraded my dev instance from 7.3.x to 7.4.x in prevision to upgrade the production instance. All seemed to work fine until i discover that some transitions don't work anymore.

It seems that the condition powered by JSU don't work anymore:

JSUIssue.PNG

I can replace them with something that seems native, although i don't know if it really is. (before, i didn't know that i was using JSU).

IsItNative.PNG

(here it's with Administrators, but i bet you got the general idea)

Is there a procedure to upgrade without using JSU anymore ?
Is there a way to detect automatically everything that are powered by JSU ?
Does anyone have any advice regarding this upgrade ?

Regards,

Laurent

1 comment

Comment

Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 20, 2017

Unfortunately, you will need to a) identify and b) manually update each workflow that is using functionality from JSU if you decide not to continue using it. Workflows are XML documents and stored in the DB as data blobs, so there isn't an easy way to make this type of changes without doing it completely manually.

To answer your questions:

1. See above

2. No

3. See above.

Sorry I don't have better news for you. :)

Laurent Bierge
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 21, 2017

Thanks for your answer :)

Well the first step is a bit "boring" since i've like 150 activ workflows...

Is there a table in the DB concerning JSU ? I know that sometimes, plugins create their own table in the DB.

Maybe i can do step a) while searching in this specific table... Otherwise i hope that i'll find another solution than to go trough all the activ workflows...

Dave Theodore [Coyote Creek Consulting]
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2017

If you have access to the DB and can run a SQL command, you could try this to identify which workflows have JSU functions in them:

select workflowname from jiraworkflows where DESCRIPTOR like '%.jsu.%';

That should give you a list of workflow names that contain the string ".jsu." You can modify the SQL to search for other things by changing what is in between the % % (SQL wildcards.)

Laurent Bierge
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 22, 2017

Thank you very much Theodore ! It works like a charm !

When i see the solution, i realise that i've been a bit lazy on this.

I'm not accustomed to upgrade so i was a bit lost as for what i could do.

Anyway, thank you again. I'll remember this for every things that can be found in the DB.

Regards,

Laurent

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events