How to delete a story or reject an old story or issue in JIRA?

Rachel Wilson January 4, 2018

For the Love of G*d - is it a company permission issue or is it just difficult to delete old stories/issues? We have open stories from 2015 - that we are no longer working on and the reject button produces an error (looks like a bug) and the delete button doesnt exist. Anyone else having this issue?

1 comment

Comment

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2018

Deleting an issue is controlled by the permission. Rejecting is controlled by workflow. Both are specific to your organization. You might want to reach out to your admins for help.

The error suggests that you might probably have an outdated plugin but we can confirm only after seeing the error log.

Like Swapnali Mohapatra likes this

Thank you- I was told the reject issue is a bug and that it has been reported through JIRA support. 

So for right now- what we have done is our SCRUM master created a "Can be deleted Sprint" So I can move stories into that sprint and then "someone" will have to go in there - that has the delete permission- and delete them. 

With my knowledge= they said I could reject- because the data stays there but they dont want me deleting. Thus the work around. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2018

It's horrid when you are forced to work around things your admins should have fixed!  The tool is supposed to be there to help you, not get right in the way.

(I'm mostly blaming the admins - there's aalways a chance of a Jira bug of course, but the symptoms you've got scream "broken transition, caused by bad config or a broken plugin."  Either way, your admins should have fixed it)

Like Dominik Ras likes this

I understand- now we have a sprint called "delete these' and I bet- a year later- it will still be there because people hate deleting anything. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2018

Assign them all to the admins and keep re-opening them until they fix the problem ;-)

I know, very passive-aggressive, but your admins are failing you and need to do better.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events