Help with configuration of jira-portfolio addon

Krzysztof August 16, 2017

Hi everybody,
I just got the portfolio addon to my firm's Jira and have trouble setting it up properly.
First things first, the structure that we work in is set aound sprints that last 1 week.
We work on many different projects simultaneously, every project operates on the same previously established scheme.
Projects have different epics, and tasks (we use the story type) and we put them on board called sprints.

this is how it looks like:

Screen Shot 08-16-17 at 12.02 PM.PNG

And I can't get it to work with portfolio addon, we dont use realeses and time estimates.

I would like to have board sprints on timetable and check everything from there.

1 comment

Comment

Allard van Helbergen
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 17, 2017

Hi @Krzysztof,

Sorry to hear that you're having trouble setting it up. Generally, I would advise to use estimations and release dates, as that would help in your planning a lot. There are however some options if you don't want to use estimations.

The following video explains all the principles of how Portfolio for JIRA works: 

If you then want to look at getting your plan to work without estimates you could have a look at the following pages: 

I hope that helps.

Cheers,
Allard

Krzysztof September 12, 2017

Still can't work on it properly.

While setting it up i keep getting a message about conecting too many projects.

I just want to put on the schedule current month wich consist of 4 sprints and multiple projects.

All projects have at least 2 epics (usually 5) and epics dont have release dates.
i cant transfer over 300 epics unfortunatelly.

Krzysztof September 12, 2017

Ok i managed to cut the number of epics but still, i have a lot of stories planned on one sprint - called week 37, and those sotries are spread out in portfolio, like the sprint ends 18.09.2017 but some stories are 3 weeks after that date.

What's going on ? Thanks for the help.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events