DoItBetterCalendar "Error 500"

Greg Community Champion May 07, 2018

Hello, everyone!

I just want to share with you the unusual addon-behavior I've encountered and the solution to it.

I have a bunch of fine-tuned projects for several purposes and each project has its own issue types, fields, screens etc. Many of them have records in “DoItBetter Calendar”, such as birthdays of “EMP” project (it’s very handy). Some time ago I’ve encountered the “Error 500” message when trying to click-and-view a calendar record for some projects. I couldn’t get any of issues to display correctly and eventually gave up on it. This error has been very annoying and I had to tell everyone just not to click on calendar entries.

TIL that the removed “Priority” field is causing this behavior. I configured the visibility of the field through “Field Configuration” back to “Show”, added the field (back) on the screen and bulk-edit all the issues > “Priority” > “Medium” so that the field wouldn’t be empty. This helped and made me very happy.

I decided to share it with you because I couldn’t find anything related on the Internet (for a couple of months now). To tell you the truth, I’ve managed to find the solution by mere luck – I noticed that issues in one particular project popped-up correctly without the “Error 500” (there I just forgot to remove the “Priority” field). I looked into the issue, compared this lucky project to another “unlucky” one and managed to find the solution.

Hope this can help someone else and save time.

P.S. I have already reported this to the @Calendar JIRA

1 comment

Greg Community Champion Jun 27, 2018

Wow, I've got the first like here :)

@Nikita Bakanov, did it really help you?

Hi Greg,
Yeah, this helped me a lot. I couldn't trace the error in logs but then found the article here. So I updated priority for the tasks without it (there were a bunch of them) and the issue resolved. However, I still can't figure out how priority value and calendar itself connected to each other even if I unchecked Priority from fields in my calendar settings.
Thank you!

Greg Community Champion Jun 27, 2018

Oh, that's great to hear, thank you! :)

Concerning "Priority" field I think that it is used in the internal logic of the add-on and is not supposed to be removed.

They may make it optional in the future, I suppose. Taking into consideration they already should have received our feedback.

The fact that this note of mine helped you makes it worth the effort and me happy.

Good luck!

Comment

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Jul 25, 2018 in Marketplace Apps

Jira Cloud and Bitbucket Cloud Integration with Microsoft Teams

One of the newest products in the Microsoft family - Microsoft Teams,  is a chat-based hub for teamwork that integrates all the people, content, and tools your team needs to be more engaged and ...

724 views 0 3
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you