cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DoItBetter Calendar + Calculated Date/Time Field

Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 5, 2018

Hello, Community! How is it going?

Today I want to share with you some of my experience configuring DoItBetterCalendar. If this short article helps someone I'd be more'n happy.

As I've already mentioned in this article we actively use the DoItBetterCalendar addon and are quite happy with it.

We have an "EMP" project and have all the necessary data relating to our employees stored there in an organized way. A date of birth included. So we thought it would be great if we had all the birthdays of our coworkers displayed in the calendar.

The first natural step was just to connect the birthday field with the new calendar, but surprisingly no days of the current mounth were marked as birthdays. Of course it was due to the fact that the actual birthdays were yars back and could be found there. But this was not handy and useless.

After some trying I came up with the following solution:

1. Create a calculated Date/Time Field "CYB" (short for "Current Year's Birthday") and add the following code to the description:

<!-- @@Format: DATE_PICKER -->
<!--
@@Formula:
int year = Calendar.getInstance().get(Calendar.YEAR);
d1 = issue.get("customfield_10106");
if (d1==null)
return null;
Calendar c1 = Calendar.getInstance();
c1.setTime(d1);
c1.set(Calendar.YEAR, year);
c1.set(Calendar.HOUR, 12);
Date d1 = c1.getTime();
return d1;
-->

customfield_10106 here is the field of a regular Date Picker format containing an actual date of birth. 

2. Assotiate this field with a new clendar.

As a result now we have a handy calendar and it's easier to congratulate our teammates on birthdays.

Btw. it looks like this:

Calendar.jpgWe also adapted the Calendar to display interviews, vacations, holidays.

Hope someone will find it useful.

Have a nice day!

:)

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events