Scripting for Jira, simplified

Hello Community,

I do not usually do announcements or talk about Adaptavist products as much as our Sales people would like me to. I believe in letting people choose the tools that are best for them.

But this time, I think this one could be of wide interest.  I have been writing code and scripts for years, and always disliked having to get all the frameworks, imports and structure around my simple logic.  I've watched members of my family and friends learn to code in far more visual ways than I ever had when I started out, mostly with Scratch

So, I'd like to announce Adaptavist's new Server App - AutoBlocks for Jira.  It is based on the Google Blockly Framework, which is a far more visual way to construct scripts, using drag-and-drop building blocks of functionality. 

This easy to use interface will free up your admin time from relentless customisation requests from your users as it also enables non-admins to create their own automations, with your delegated permission.

To find out more about AutoBlocks, including the current promotion giving you a year’s free usage of the app, have a read of our introductory blog.

And, of course, feel free to ask questions!

AutoBlocks.gif

4 comments

Comment

Mike Rathwell
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2019

Ok @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- , you cats have outdone yourself. I'll be getting rather up close and personal with this one.

For future planning, is there a possibility that this will make the leap to Data Center and/or Cloud?

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2019

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-, looks like your very first ever article :) . How does it feel after posting it? :)

Like Monique vdB likes this
Raul MrAddon March 31, 2019

WOW Amazing!!! Good job I will take a try

Danno
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2021

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist-I can definitely get behind this idea especially if you can adapt it to the Cloud. Plus this style of scripting seems like a good way to break into using your tools especially for a LabVIEW programmer. 👍

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events