DoItBetterCalendar "Error 500"

Hello, everyone!

I just want to share with you the unusual addon-behavior I've encountered and the solution to it.

I have a bunch of fine-tuned projects for several purposes and each project has its own issue types, fields, screens etc. Many of them have records in “DoItBetter Calendar”, such as birthdays of “EMP” project (it’s very handy). Some time ago I’ve encountered the “Error 500” message when trying to click-and-view a calendar record for some projects. I couldn’t get any of issues to display correctly and eventually gave up on it. This error has been very annoying and I had to tell everyone just not to click on calendar entries.

TIL that the removed “Priority” field is causing this behavior. I configured the visibility of the field through “Field Configuration” back to “Show”, added the field (back) on the screen and bulk-edit all the issues > “Priority” > “Medium” so that the field wouldn’t be empty. This helped and made me very happy.

I decided to share it with you because I couldn’t find anything related on the Internet (for a couple of months now). To tell you the truth, I’ve managed to find the solution by mere luck – I noticed that issues in one particular project popped-up correctly without the “Error 500” (there I just forgot to remove the “Priority” field). I looked into the issue, compared this lucky project to another “unlucky” one and managed to find the solution.

Hope this can help someone else and save time.

P.S. I have already reported this to the @Alex (Doitb)

1 comment

Comment

Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2018

Wow, I've got the first like here :)

@Nikita Bakanov, did it really help you?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events