who can change and create rules?

Dominique Hermens October 5, 2021

I work in a company with about 1000 Jira users, now me and an group op colleagues want to use the automation tool and those persons than decide about it, want to know what rights management exists.

Is it possible to give single people the right to change and create rules for their own project but not for other projects?

We use the Data Center version of Jira

Thank you!

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2021

Hi Dominique,

I use Jira Cloud, so I am not sure how the DC version works since it is a separate app. However, I know I can control that access with Jira Cloud to just certain users. 

Bottom line would be that only a Jira Administrator can create and change global or multi-project rules. 

Then there is a global permission as to who can create Project rules. I have update that to only allow a specific group in Jira (a group created in User Management). Then I control who is in that group.  :-)

I hope that helps a little. But it would be better to hear from someone in the DC environment. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events