which time-tracking apps provide granular time approval workflow?

Fraser.putnam April 1, 2021

Hello,

I’m interested in a time entry/tracking solution to integrate with JIRA that allows a person to act as a time sheet review/approver, but have the rights to review/approve time entries pertaining to a specific project vs. a person’s entire time sheet. For example, a person works on several different projects during the work week. They enter their time against tasks belonging to project A, and time against tasks belonging to project B. 

I need a person to review/approve the time entries for tasks belonging to project A, and a different person to review/approve time entries for tasks belonging to project B. In other words, a person’s time sheet needs to be reviewed by multiple approvers, where each approver is authorized to review/approve time charged to specific projects from the same time sheet.

A person that acts as a time sheet reviewer/approver needs to be granted the right to review/approve time charged to a specific project, time charged to a specific task within a project,  or time submitted by a specific person.

Are there any JIRA compatible time entry/tracking/approval apps that provide this level of time approval?

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 1, 2021

@Fraser.putnam Welcome to community.  

The most robust time tracking system Tempo Timesheets does not have this feature and it has been on their feature request for some time.  I do not know of any other app that would have this feature at this time and it does not look like Tempo will have it anytime soon.

Timewise has is another option that has different approval processes but I have never used it so you might want to try the demo and see if it is something that meets your needs.  

Fraser.putnam April 5, 2021

Thank you for the info.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events