what about this:"com.atlassian.extras.common.LicenseException: Could NOT parse license type code"

huang isabel January 31, 2012

When i imported the data from the backed XML file, it displayed the ERROR infomation on plugin item like this:"com.atlassian.extras.common.LicenseException: Could NOT parse license type code".

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2012

Sounds like you're using different versions of Jira, or the plugin(s)?

Yes, i import the XML data from jira4.3 into jira4.4.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 31, 2012

I suspect you have a plugin who's license format has changed. Check (in the new system) on the Admin -> Plugins page to see if there are any disabled/inactive plugins.

I click on the plugin list item, but it doesn't display the plugins, only shows the err like the title.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 31, 2012

Hmm, this could be tricky, if the plugins aren't loading. Could you read the log file to find out which plugin it is? We may then need to remove it completely and re-install, but it depends on which one it is. We may have to go back to your old installation, disable it and then re-export & import.

It looks like not associated with plugins. Because of jira license is wrong, it effects plugin to active correctly.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 31, 2012

Mmm, the license format changed between 3.x and 4.x, but if a licence works in version 4.3 it really should work in 4.4. So I doubt it's the Jira licence, as a bad licence wouldn't be working in your 4.3 install as well.

Could you try going to the license screen in your 4.4 and pasting in the license details from your account? If it is a damaged licence, then that should fix it, but leads me to worry about other data corruptions in your xml...

huang isabel February 9, 2012

Dear Nic Brough, thank you very much for your good ideas. I have resolved this problem by run the config.sh and get a new SID. When i input the new SID, the license is OK.

huang isabel February 9, 2012

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events