It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

updating a xray datetime custom field with python Jira

using xray server we have a new date time custom fields call "begin date" i found that is the custom field 10228 in my jira instance.

reading https://docs.getxray.app/display/XRAY/v2.0#/Test%20Run/put_testrun__id__customfield__customFieldId_  

Date Time fields should be in UTC following the ISO format yyyy-MM-dd'T'HH:mm'Z'. The date part follows the same date format, while HH represents the hours (0-24), mm the minutes in hour and Z indicates the hour in UTC. For instance, a valid date time value would be "2020-05-02T10:30Z".  i am using the example that comes in the documentation for the datetime string. 

issue = jira.issue("TEST-101")
issue.update(fields={"customfield_10228": "2020-05-02T10:30Z"})

but i get the error:

{"errorMessages":[],"errors":{"customfield_10228":"Error parsing time: 2020-05-02"}}

i guess using the example string should have work right? or i am missing something?

thanks guys

1 answer

0 votes
Warren Community Leader Sep 16, 2020

Hi @Demiank100 

When I perform a GET on one of my issues, all date fields look similar to this

"statuscategorychangedate":"2020-09-07T10:36:47.848+0100"
"customfield_10305":"2020-09-17T10:00:00.000+0100"

The .xxx is not a fixed number, it differs, but I always have +0100 on each date - I don't have the Z that you are using

As an alternative, if you're not too concerned with the time part, I believe that you could just specify the date portion.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

Expose your beautifully crafted Dashboard through the Jira Service Desk Customer Portal

A picture is worth a thousand words, especially when you're trying to find relationships and understand your data. Here, Dashboards play a vital role in gaining insights from a variety of dat...

328 views 5 4
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you